Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weird purse question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My husband thinks I am weird because I do not like anybody going into my purse. There is really nothing exciting in there, it is just the one thing that is mine. With 4 kids that is my one thing they know not to touch lol. So what do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:03 AM

I'm the same way, but I don't mind if my husband needs something out of it, I just don't let my kids dig through it because they always pull stuff out and ask if they can have some, use some, etc etc lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM

im the same way...same reason as you.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM

I think it has always been a rule, even when I was growing up, that mom's purse is the one place you don't stick your hands or nose into.  I don't usually carry a purse, but my backpack has the same rule.  stay the hell out.  nothing interesting or exciting either, but the stuff I carry in there is important and I don't want it rifled through.  even when I've asked my husband to get something out of my purse or backpack, he will bring it to me and have me get it.  I guess he had the same rule as a child.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Im the same way. I just dont like it. Its mine. 

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM

I don't think it's weird. Most people don't like others going through their phone, a purse isn't much different.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed I feel like my kids have access to everything nothing is just yours anymore, my purse is my space back off.lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:05 AM
He hates it. I tell him to ask, not just to go through and get what he needs. He would hate it if I went theough his wallet. My daughter (10) freaked out the other daybecause he was rummaging through it. She was screaming at me "mom dad is in your purse!"
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:07 AM
My DH never goes in my purse, I think he's afraid of pulling out a tampon or something. I don't care if anyone goes in it because there's nothing in it that is personal or that I'd be embarrassed about. (Except when I almost went to court with a vibrator in my purse. I won it at one of those pleasure parties, put it in my purse and forgot about it.)
mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

We are all taught to not touch a woman's purse unless she asks you to get it for her.  So we are taught to not let anyone in ours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM
This morning he asked for something in there as he was going to get into it. I asked him not to and that I would get it. He is all what are you hiding? Truthfully mu wallet, a tampon, a hair tie, and maybe some lipstick. I am scandalous like that lol. I expained that it would be like me going through his wallet. I said you wouldnt just go through your moms purse. I see it as a respect thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)