Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are obese?? (Spin off on the airline seat post)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: If you are obese is it your own fault or due to factors beyond your control?

Options:

My weight problems are because of my lifestyle.

My weight problems are due to medical or other issues and I can't do anything to improve things.

Other, I will explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

So I am obese. It's because of my lifestyle. I eat too much and I'm not active enough. 

I have some medical issues that make it difficult to lose weight, but it's certainly not impossible. 

I can't imagine how much more I would weigh if I convicned myself that I couldn't do anything about it.

Do you know anyone who is obese who blames thier situation on a medical condition? Do you think it's BS? 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
casah4
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:14 AM

It was partly my lifestyle, and partly my medication that got me to this point. It's purely my lifestyle that keeps me here.

lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM
My aunt was morbidly obese. Literally the size of her double bed. Couldn't get up. She ate herself into that position then when the health problems inevitably arose she blamed them. She died at 53 when she just stopped breathing one night possibly due to her weight.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I am technically  obese. I originally gained the weight while on steroid therapy for RA. I knew going into the therapy that I would gain 50 lbs. I gained 40. I considered that a win. I'm now off those meds and on different ones. I can slowly work out and I'm taking every work out minute allowed to get the weight off. 

I can see how people in my predicament lose control and get extremely fat and immobile. Just moving hurts.  Its easier to lay in bed and not deal with the pain. But you just cant allow yourself that luxury. 

I judge no one in my situation. 

DrunkenFaeGirl
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I gained weight from lifestyle choices, mainly changing from eating a very healthy vegetarian diet to switching to eating meat while in college.  I didn't get enough exercise between full time school and full time retail management work.  Then I gained more when I became pregnant.  At my heaviest I was a bit over 300 pounds (and did not take up two seats).

I became depressed which added to it because it made me want to stay in and sleep constantly.

I have a bad back - I injured it when i was 10 and we had no insurance so I didn't see a doctor about it and it has plagued me since - and my knees are arthritic so it does make losing the weight hard.  I'm in nearly constant pain.

So, for me getting fat was a combination HOWEVER I am working to fix the problem.  I know that losing will help my pain diminish and will make me feel better over all.  It's not easy, but, I think that almost everyone can make their weight situation better with hard work and dedication.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)