Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex made my son shovel a huge driveway, annoyed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 147 Replies
yesterday we got a huge snowstorm here. My son had a snow day and wanted to play with his friends. My ex had him all day. He said he could go play after they shoveled the driveway.

Well, they did in quickly within 15 minutes. Then my ex saw that his neighbor who is a young, single girl I know he flirts with hadn't done hers. She lives on a property with a long driveway.

He made my son, who was by that point exhausted, help shovel her driveway. It took them 40 minute...

I was pissed when he told me that and called him but my ex just laughed, told me to get over it and hung up. Fuck him
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:14 AM
9 moms liked this
I'm sure your DS will survive being kind to a neighbor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:14 AM

How old is your son?

Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:14 AM
That was very nice of your son. I wouldn't be mad. It was only an hour outta his time.
rgba
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Well, you don't really get that sort of control. You'd better find a way to let go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:15 AM
12 moms liked this

So let me get this straight....  Your son's father made him do some manual labor and do a good deed for someone else?  And you are pissed?  Sounds to me like your son's father is trying to instill a good work ethic.

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Sorry...teaching a child how to help someone else is awesome. I highly doubt your son couldn't physically handle it unless he is disabled in some way. My 2 year old helps me shovel for 30-45 minutes at a time and still has energy. I think you are just pissed because of who they helped. Had it been a little old lady, you would not be posting this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Can't say that I'd be very interested in a man who is too lazy to do nice things for me himself. Hopefully this neighbor girl feels the same way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Omg....not shovel. How dare he make your child... do work.
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I think it's nice he played a part in doing something for another person. Things like that are how boys learn to be gentlemen. When I was 12, we had a truck load of fire wood delivered to our house and dropped at the end of the drive way. My mom had me haul every bit of hit from there to the back part of the yard and stack it up. Took me the entire day. Didn't kill me.

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Oh get over it...it didn't kill him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)