Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Come judge my grocery list and menu

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I know I'm missing veggies, we usually decide while we are cooking what veggies we want and I have a freezer full of frozen veggies.

The list also includes Christmas foods, that's what the canned green beans are for, our usual list is about 3/4ths of that list.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:42 AM

I see quite a bit of processed items: velveeta, tv dinners, spaghettios ( shudders on the last 2...I only use velveeta a few times per year so I'm not a huge fan of it either) 

I don't see a lot of veggies on the menu or on the list. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Yeah, velveeta is for queso and then Christmas dinner.

Spgehettios and TV dinners are extras, for lunches when the kids are in school and the like.

I explained the veggies in the op

Quoting mcginnisc:

I see quite a bit of processed items: velveeta, tv dinners, spaghettios ( shudders on the last 2...I only use velveeta a few times per year so I'm not a huge fan of it either) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyvamp5489
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:48 AM

i was thinking the same thing, and frozen vegis are better than canned. 

Quoting mcginnisc:

Spare.Time
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:51 AM

How much will it cost?

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Don't buy canned veggies, get fresh or frozen. Too many carbs on your dinner menu.
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I was thinking this was going to be another list with a million organic vegetables, quinoa, lentils, and chicken as the only protein. Glad I'm not the only one who eats velveeta and other processed crap on occasion.
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Are you always that neat or did you write it especially nicely for CM? lol

sarasunshine99
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM

No way.  Nothing healthy about your list except the potatoes, onions, carrots, garlic and vegetable oil.  Some of the frozen veggies are ok along with the cream cheese and sour cream.  These (along with s/p) are the building blocks to cooking from scratch. 

Cross off everything else on your list (except the meat), write down salt, and you will be purchasing your entire list with one item.  

Seeing a grocery list such as this one, makes me understand the reason for the obesity epidemic in the US.  

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah, velveeta is for queso and then Christmas dinner. Spgehettios and TV dinners are extras, for lunches when the kids are in school and the like. I explained the veggies in the op
Quoting mcginnisc:

I saw that...I don't buy canned stuff unless it is tomatoes for chili, so I just can't fathom that stuff...I didn't like it as a kid though..lol 

I use velveeta for queso every now and then so I understand that one...I also keep a freezer full of frozen veggies...I am one of those that lists what veggies we will eat on a given night. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Lol I always write like that

Quoting lollip0p:

Are you always that neat or did you write it especially nicely for CM? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)