Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF???? Advice please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

So I get 2 texts yesterday from a number I didn't recognize.  I googled it and found out where it was from and since I have a friend that lives there, I replied to the text.  I said that I got a text from that number and asked who it was.

Of course, they wouldn't tell me but kept asking who I was.  I told them they had the wrong number and still I kept getting texts asking me if I was female and if I was on something called "backpage".  I tried to ignore it then but continued to get texts like "yea, you want it", "my wife doesn't mind", "Can I get a pic".

I finally got tired of hearing my phone beep so I texted "I am not who you think I am, Leave me alone"  To which I received "I guess your husband doesn't know what you do"

Hubby is sleeping right now so I'm not sure if I should leave it alone, change our number, have my father (who is pretty high up in state government) call or have hubby take care of it when he gets up

Any advice?  Also, what in the world is "Backpage"?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calcalmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Block that number and tell your DH.
Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Can't you block numbers on your phone?

Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM
3 moms liked this

What has your dad being pretty high up in state government have to do with this.  How old are you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Really? You're going to do all of that because of a text? Are you 12 that you'd have your daddy call them? And Google "Backpage" so you can see for yourself what it is.
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Just stop replying. Or block the number?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I don't know that it would do anything but I got some of the texts when I was talking to my aunt and she suggested it.  She also suggested I tell them that I'm underage.  She's a crazy but I was a little freaked out, this has never happened to me before.  I've never been harrased by text.  I'm 40, btw, like I said, just a little freaked out.

I didn't know you could block numbers on your phone, I'll look it up, thanks!

Quoting Spare.Time:

What has your dad being pretty high up in state government have to do with this.  How old are you?

Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Uh...why not just block the number? 

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Just block.the number
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Have you father who is "high up in government"  explain backpage to you we don't have time for children trolling the internet!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Back pages is hookers lol and settle down likely got your number wrong why not Google your own phone number and see if anything comes up ...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)