Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wouldn't you have filed a report?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
First, this is not about me. I have more sense then this.

Say it's a Friday afternoon, you drop both your daughters off at your mother's house. You plan on doing some Christmas shopping and while both girls are old enough not to believe in Santa, you want to surprise them.

You are gone all day, knowing the girls are safe with your mother. Even though your drug addict felon brothers lives there.

You get back late in the evening say about 9. You also spend sometime with your mother not leaving until after 11:30 pm.

On the car ride home your 11 year old daughter breaks down into tears. You demand to know why. She tells you that her uncle put his hands around her neck. Was choking her. She was told by her grandmother not to tell you.

What would you have done?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Well first of all I would never be stupid enough to leave my children in a home with drug addicts. Sounds like your "friend" needs to put more effort into caring for and protecting her kids. 

then I would call and speak to my mother and decide what is best to be done. I'm not sure that filing charges would solve anything. 

And I would never be back there. 

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I would file charges and my children would not go back there.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:46 AM
They'd never be alone around those people again.
kappalopokis
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:46 AM
This. Sorta. The last line.

I would never speak to either my mother or brother again. I would end all communication. My child would never be around them.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Well first of all I would never be stupid enough to leave my children in a home with drug addicts. Sounds like your "friend" needs to put more effort into caring for and protecting her kids. 

then I would call and speak to my mother and decide what is best to be done. I'm not sure that filing charges would solve anything. 

mischele
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM
I would have drove strait to the police station and Filed a report
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Oh I agree. We have been after her for years to stop letting her children near him. But no she wanted them to be near their grandmother.

Who refuses to get her son help. This asshole has stolen guns from the woman, because of him, she lost everything she owned in a house fire. And she still refuses to believe that he's on drugs or dealing.

As for filing charges he's out on Probation. Which means he would go back to jail

Quoting Anonymous 2:

AvantGardener
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Ffs. You lost me at " you know she's safe even though you drug addict brother lives there"
HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Cops.

It would take everything in me to call the cops and NOT turn my happy ass around and go beat the ever-loving-shit out of both of them.

I would gladly send anyone who thinks it's ok to harm a child to jail- brother or not. And that would be the last time my mother ever saw my children, or me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Her answer? It was midnight. There was no use.

I found out about this last night when I texted to see if I could have the girls this weekend, because I haven't seen them in 8 months. Because her and I got into how shitty she was being to them

Quoting mischele: I would have drove strait to the police station and Filed a report
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I would file a report immediately. There's a chance the grand-mother didn't know, either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)