Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I mean

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM
  • 7 Replies

We do Christmas Eve at my mother's.  Dd no longer believes in Santa, so all gifts are exchanged that night.  She gets overwhelmed if we do it all in one day.  

Anyway, last week, we were decorating at my mother's, and dd found this huge stoking.  Seriously big.  3-4 ft long foot across.  She asked if that could be hers.  I laughed and said yeah, but you won't like what's in it.  She decided to call my bluff and put it up.  I decided to put all her gifts from mom and dad in there.  Plus, I'm putting "coal" in it.  Think of Rice Krispie treats made with Oreos instead of Rice Krispies.  I'm doing other random things like the weeping angel tree topper that was discussed yesterday.  She won't have anything from us under the tree, but the stocking will be stuffed solid.  She will have gifts from her gps.  Plus her aunt and uncle always go over board.

my friend said I was mean because nothing from mom and dad is under the tree.  Am I being mean?  I thought it was cute.

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Amy_M
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Not mean, it's not like you didn't buy her anything.

anonymoustwo
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM
My kids would be upset. Can you just find one ridiculously big gift to go inside? You know her best, if you think she will find it funny do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:55 AM

I don't really think it matters...

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:57 AM

She isn't getting anything big from us.  Seriously, everything is small.

Quoting anonymoustwo: My kids would be upset. Can you just find one ridiculously big gift to go inside? You know her best, if you think she will find it funny do it.

Jessy76
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:00 AM

How is that mean?

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Good question.  I couldn't figure it out either.  Maybe because all from us in in the stocking.  I thought it would be cute, and selfishly, she'd know what was from us without looking.

Quoting Jessy76:

How is that mean?

Jessy76
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I completely agree with you. I think your DD will be excited to wake up and see it stuff full of fun.

Quoting kee1006b:

Good question.  I couldn't figure it out either.  Maybe because all from us in in the stocking.  I thought it would be cute, and selfishly, she'd know what was from us without looking.

Quoting Jessy76:

How is that mean?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)