Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was I rude?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

I babysit my nephew 9 hours a day, I don't mind at all I love having him.  I just have one pet peeve, and it's that my sister and BIL never check the diaper bag or clear it out.  There is stuff in there from the summer, so I know they don't even look.  And whenever I need clothes, they aren't in there, because it's not packed daily.

Yesterday was a big snowstorm, it snowed 12 hours and there's over a meter of snow outside (I think that's a yard? idk).  I was really looking forward to taking nephew out to play in the snow for the first time.

Unfortunately he had a diaper blowout, and when I went to check the bag for clothes, there are 3 tshirts.  No pants, no socks.  So now not only do we not get to go outside to play, my son doesn't get to when he comes home either.  And I don't know what to send DN home in.

I texted sis about it, this is the text word for word "Hey ***, the diaper bag really needs to be checked.  No one gets to go out to play today because there are no pants for ********* to wear.  Not sure what to send him home in either."

And now she's pissed off at me.  I don't really know why.  I don't think I was rude, and really I provide free daycare, I don't think it's too much to ask that they check the diaper bag daily, or in the least replace the clothes when they get used.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Really, aren't I the one who should be pissed off, not her?

amy-momof5
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM
I would pick up some clothes and such and keep them at my house. I'm bad about remembering the diaper bag so my mom just has extras at her house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM

BUMP!

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I don't think you were rude. maybe try talking to her in person not over text. text can make it sound like you were being mean and judging her when you really meant it as something you would like to get done nicely. maybe ask her to bring over a few outfits next time and you just keep them at your house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM

That's a great idea, I'm going to do that, thanks.

Quoting amy-momof5: I would pick up some clothes and such and keep them at my house. I'm bad about remembering the diaper bag so my mom just has extras at her house.

katarina666
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Take all the summer crap out of the bag . She obviously could car less about it. Demand that he has enough diapers on hand for two days and two changes of clothing at all times! She has no right to be mad at you. She is lazy! You have every right to be upset!

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM

No you were not rude at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Sorry but she has no right to be mad. My older sis was like that until I told her if she didn't pack the bag everyday then find a new free sitter she started packing the bag after that.
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:15 AM

You were not rude.  I'd start keeping his clothes at my house.  Not like they'd notice since they never check.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:15 AM

yea, I didn't think of that.  Her job is stressful too, so she could have read that in her work frame of mind (bitch mode) and taken it the wrong way.

Quoting lovelife350:

I don't think you were rude. maybe try talking to her in person not over text. text can make it sound like you were being mean and judging her when you really meant it as something you would like to get done nicely. maybe ask her to bring over a few outfits next time and you just keep them at your house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)