Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel trapped (long vent)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

I have an awesome husband and in-laws, my parents live abroad.

I went to college, have my masters degree and a very hard to get license in my field.

After I had my dd, we decided I was going to stay home until she started school and take it from there.

My DH works in my inlaws family business, when they retire, it will be his business and they do very well; my dh hasn't gotten a real raise in years, however, they pay in full for our vacation, give him bonuses and paid for dd montessori and now transfered that money (she is in public school now) as a raise so we could move.

They help us a lot (my dh works very hard, he's not a spoiled brat nor a mama's boy) and they also don't like people not working if they don't have a valid reason to not to do it.

It was grea being at home with dd;, then she started school and I started looking for a job, I didn't find anything good, so I decided to open my own business; I had a business plan, investors and everything, but was unable to find the right location.

At this time, one of my FIL's commercial properties became available and they offer it to me, however, the type of business had to be completely different from my plan, since I couldn'r find the right place, I took up on their offer.

I thought of another type of business that might work with little investment, I didn't want to risk all our savings in an adventure. I don't pay rent.

Two and a half years later, I haven't even gotten to the middle point, between the money that comes up from our pocket to keep the business alive and the money they are not getting from rent, it's about 2500 a month.

I feel is a waste of time, resources and I don't really like my business that much, it'd be better if I didn't work.

I can't really get a real job bcause of my dd's health so I need to be my own boss, but I cannot do that in my own field and when my inlaws retire, I will be working with my dh.

After I open my business, a big company opened nearby and has much better prices than I do.

So yes, I feel trapped and frustrated...and that is my confession.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:06 PM

That is frustrating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)