Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Side dish help.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:06 PM
  • 10 Replies
What would you make as a side dish to accompany Stuffed Peppers: rice, onions, garlic, salt/pepper, tomatoes, shrimp, bit of seafood sauce. (For some tang)

I am trying to think what would be a good side dish for it.

(Healthy options, and no meat) Lol we are trying to eat less meat in our diet.

And if you'd like to throw in a recipe or two of your favorite MEATLESS meals, who am I to stop ya!

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
APunchInTheFace
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Bump
APunchInTheFace
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Bump
Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I make stuffed peppers with quinoa and black beans. Usually have a salad on the side or some mashed cauliflower.

jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Salad. Maybe soup and bread?
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd do either more veggies or maybe grilled fruit. I love grilled pineapple :)

I made a yummy Moroccan chickpea/veggie sautee over rice recently, but I don't recall the recipe offhand. It had carrots and celery and tomatoes and curry and cinnamon and of course chickpeas, though.

APunchInTheFace
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Oh my family would love grilled pineapple. I don't like fruit (at all) so I'm out! Lol

But that sounds yummy, your rice dish.

Quoting B1Bomber:

I made a yummy Moroccan chickpea/veggie sautee over rice recently, but I don't recall the recipe offhand. It had carrots and celery and tomatoes and curry and cinnamon and of course chickpeas, though.

tiffluv81
by BBW on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Zucchini and Feta Cheese Fritters 1 potato

• Directions

1. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil, and place the potato into the water. Boil until tender, about 20 minutes; remove and let cool. When cool enough to handle, finely dice.
    2. In a bowl, mix together the cooked potato, zucchini, egg, onion, mint leaves, feta cheese, and bread crumbs to make a mixture that holds together when pressed lightly.
    3. Place flour into a separate shallow dish. Form the zucchini mixture into small patties, and dredge patties in flour on both sides.
    4. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry the zucchini patties until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Drain the patties on paper towels; serve hot.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:34 PM

It really was. I ate way too much of it, all sweet and spicy and delicious :)

Quoting APunchInTheFace: Oh my family would love grilled pineapple. I don't like fruit (at all) so I'm out! Lol But that sounds yummy, your rice dish.
Quoting B1Bomber:

kelly617
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Probably a salad of some kind....maybe some roasted red potatoes or some kind of bread

pinktardis
by Pinky on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I love to sautΓ© red onions and mix with grilled asparagus and top with a yummy balsamic vinegar and sugar mixture.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)