Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very angry my husband invited his mom for Christmas.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  • 24 Replies

I know that sounds awful especially since she is single and her only family is her two sons. She is an awful person which is why she is alone and has no friends. She hates me and will tell me to my face even in my own home. My husband didn't ask me about her coming which really upset me.  The last time she stayed with us she came into our bedroom and watched us sleep. I woke up to her staring at me it was very creepy. 

I could go on and on about the stuff she has done but I don't feel like typing that much. She is a rotten person and my son can't stand her. He is her only grandchild and even when very small was uncomfortable around her. He stayed with her overnight once and was very upset when he came home. I know he locked himself in his room and cried all night. She took his cellphone so he couldn't call us. I want to cut ties but my husband won't.

My son is very upset she will be here for Christmas and has been a bit depressed about it. I told my husband she can stay in a hotel I don't want her in our home when we are sleeping. I don't trust her at all. He was upset but agreed. I let him know since he won't stand up for me to his mother I will be so to prepare himself for me confronting her every single time she is hateful to me. I warned her that she will show respect in my home or will be asked to leave. I told my husband if he doesn't back me up I will leave with our son and spend Christmas with my mom. 

My husband and I rarely fight but when we do it is over his crazy mom.  I tried to like her but she made it clear on my wedding day I was the enemy. She was nice while we dated and was excited for our wedding not sure what changed on our wedding day. 

Sorry this is long.

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:15 PM

I hope your dh sticks up for you.  I've never understood how a husband or a wife could let their family treat their spouses badly and let them get away with it.

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM

This is a case of you reep what you sow.  He has been wearing blinders as to how you and your child are treated, so now you stand up for the 2 of you when he won't.  Almost got to that between DH and I, but I got him seeing my side and what was going on.

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Yeah... she's sound really creepy. 

I can understand why your dh is conflicted, as this is his mother and that's a strong and complicated relationship... but, you're his wife and you should be the priority. No way should  you put up with her disrespect in your own home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I'd go to my mothers house anyways. Your dh & his momster can cook their own holiday feast. Maybe then your dh will know not to invite her without discussing it first. Good luck mama!
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Meh, you are kinder than me. If my husband invited someone that brought this much discord into my home, I would inform my husband that our children and I would be spending the time she was there, elsewhere. I have a responsibility to my children that involves not allowing toxic people to poison their lives.

Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Wow. She does sound crazy. I would definitely put my foot down. She needs to respect all of you in your home or leave. I understand your husband not wanting to cut contact because that is his mom but he needs to stand up for you. Very simple. Good luck!
lukesmom2002
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:25 PM

I don't either I would never allow my parents to treat him badly. If she had been this way before we married I wouldn't have married him.  I love him very much and he is a good man but he is a different person around his mom. The strong confident man I am married to turns into an abused and easily manipulated little boy.  I will take lots of deep breaths but I am not biting my tongue. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I hope your dh sticks up for you.  I've never understood how a husband or a wife could let their family treat their spouses badly and let them get away with it.

uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I don't blame you not one bit.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM

thats sad your 'dh' invited someone to your home that obviously doesnt treat either his wife or kid.well.

lukesmom2002
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:27 PM

He is an optimist and thinks if he loves her enough she will change.  I have stayed with him so I choose this in a way but I will no longer be silent.

Quoting kee1006b:

This is a case of you reep what you sow.  He has been wearing blinders as to how you and your child are treated, so now you stand up for the 2 of you when he won't.  Almost got to that between DH and I, but I got him seeing my side and what was going on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)