Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buche De Noelle!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am so excited! Yesterday I got everything I need to make it for my mom's Christmas party.

I'm a little scared, though. I've only ever made it twice, and both times were with my grandmother's help (she did most of it!).

This will be my first solo attempt, and I hope I make her proud. I know I will be thinking of her every step of the way, Rest Her Soul.

Wish me luck!

I also got the candies for my gingerbread house- every year, starting two years ago, my mom has a competition, just for fun, to see who can make the best one. I'm not trying to win, but participation is mandatory.

And cookie mixes for Santa cookies- my niece and nephews are coming over to decorate them Christmas Eve night with my kids. Gonna be so much fun!

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Yum!! :-)
Sandiekd21
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Thank you.

I have a busy 2 weeks coming up.

I need to make DS's Yule present, finish DD's and create DSD's.

Then all this baking, moving the presents into their rooms, buying, setting up and decorating our tree, cleaning my mom's house and getting everything ready for her Christmas party (she just found out she has breast cancer, so everything is falling on my sister and I) as well as watching my brother and SIL's kids every weekday... I don't know how I'm going to get it all done, but I will!

Busy, busy, busy!

Quoting mcginnisc: Yum!! :-)

theboyfactory
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM
You'll do great. :)
Sandiekd21
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Thank you.

And, I just wanted to say how truly sorry I am for your loss. I cannot imagine what you are going through.

If you ever need to talk, I've been told that I'm a good shoulder. Message me anytime.

Quoting theboyfactory: You'll do great. :)

theboyfactory
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. It's terribly difficult for me right now, but I know I just need time.

Quoting Sandiekd21:

Thank you.

And, I just wanted to say how truly sorry I am for your loss. I cannot imagine what you are going through.

If you ever need to talk, I've been told that I'm a good shoulder. Message me anytime.

Quoting theboyfactory: You'll do great. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)