Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get in here, crunchy mommas! Lotion....

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM
  • 6 Replies
So I make my own deodorant, went no poo two years ago, use kosher salt for exfoliation, and I make my own laundry detergent, as well as dishwasher soap.
I stopped using commercial lotions a while back. Most have horrible chemicals, and I noticed that I use them often-until six months ago, I never noticed how often I was feeling the need to put more lotion on.
Now, I use olive oil in the bathtub, and coconut oil after, as well as occasionally when my skin feels dry-about once a day.
Has anyone else noticed that commercial products dry you out? I mean, I eat well and drink plenty of water, so there's no reason for my skin to feel dry like it used to.
What's your skin care regime? I'm open to suggestions, but prefer natural products, obviously.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
risaspieces
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:52 PM
I have ezcema,psoriasis, and our water here is horrible so I'm constantly slathering my skin with oils.

I use coconut oil, olive oil, or aloe Vera gel (either from my aloe Vera or the clear gel I can get at the store). On my ezcema I put Crisco or burts bees wax to protect it.

I avoid salt for exfoliation, instead I use sugar mixed with oil.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:55 PM

I use coconut oil or a handmade lotion bar I bought on etsy for body lotion. I use coconut oil on my face

MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Yes I've switched to coconut oil for lotion and hair oil.
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM
I will try the sugar mixed with oil! And I need to try aloe Vera gel. I've never used it unless I had a sunburn.
The salt works for me, but it dries out my skin so bad. I imagine sugar and oil works much better.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Quoting risaspieces: I have ezcema,psoriasis, and our water here is horrible so I'm constantly slathering my skin with oils.

I use coconut oil, olive oil, or aloe Vera gel (either from my aloe Vera or the clear gel I can get at the store). On my ezcema I put Crisco or burts bees wax to protect it.

I avoid salt for exfoliation, instead I use sugar mixed with oil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Ooohhh, I love etsy. What kind of homemade lotion bar? I need to learn how to make my own lotion bars.
I have been using coconut oil everywhere-my face, and body. It works well in my experience.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I use coconut oil or a handmade lotion bar I bought on etsy for body lotion. I use coconut oil on my face

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I really like it's versatility. And it's so good for the skin.

Quoting MrsCountryMama: Yes I've switched to coconut oil for lotion and hair oil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)