Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh SIL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
So we are invited to a friends for dinner. She has been planning this for awhile. She has bought presents for all the little kids. Well my SIL is her " friend" as well. She met our friend through us but the friend has been a friend of my brothers for awhile also. Well last night my SIL calls to tell me both her kids are sick so I should cancel!! Our son has CF so we have to be really careful with him. A cold to anyone else can send our son to the hospital. I cannot believe the nerve of her to ask is to cancel because her kids are sick. Now me and DH are fighting about what we should do. I can't believe she would be so rude!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM
so your sister in law thanks rather than keeping her sick kid home from the party you should keep your son home?
RazzleMySpazz
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah your SIL has some balls!

Why would she even think it's ok to bring her sick kids to a party even without your son there... And then To ask that yours stay home so her kids can spread their germs to everyone else....

Gross!

amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:20 PM
3 moms liked this
Ok, so your SIL is invited, too? And she's going to take her sick kids to a dinner party? That's the rudest part! She's going to take her little "Typhoid Mary's" to spread contagious disease to everyone there just in time for the holidays! What a thoughtful gift! So yeah, she needs to keep her family home for EVERYONE'S benefit (I can't imagine sick kids feeling up to maintaining manners & being calm at a dinner, so she's unkind & unfair to her kids, too), including your son's.
star33
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Omg. I would flip out. She shouldn't be bringing sick kids around anyone! I'd tell the hostess if ur SIL insists on coming to intervene.

Quoting SAHMJC: so your sister in law thanks rather than keeping her sick kid home from the party you should keep your son home?
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Wait, she thinks you should cancel because your kids shouldn't get to go if her kids don't, or she thinks you should cancel because she's taking her sick kids anyway?

Either way, she's in the wrong.

ChristinaR
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

ohhh helll no, i would not cancell, , not your fault her kids are sick.... she needs to keep the kids HOME, and she will get over it... wow, i am sure your friend agrees, to keep her and her sick kids home....

DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:30 PM

If her kids are sick she should cancel. Why expose everyone to their germs.

But if she's bringing her kids you need to either cancel or leave your son home.

mischele
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Wow she's got some balls
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:58 PM

If I were the friend hosting the event, I would request that SIL keep her sick kids home. I don't care how rude that sounds, but I think it is fair to other guests to have to be exposed to kids coughing and sneezing all over the place. I think it really rude of you SIL to make you stay home, so she can have a night out instead of staying home and tending to her sick kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM
I would call the friend throwing the gathering and tell her exactly why you can not come. If she cares about her kids and the other kids of her friends then she will tell you to go ahead and come and call SIL to tell her to stay home!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)