Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wrinkles.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
  • 27 Replies
I've started to notice wrinkles on my face. What do you use to prevent wrinkles?

Thanks.
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM
I think the best u can do is avoid sun or use sunscreen. Big sunglasses. Also drink loads and use good creams!

sarasunshine99
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Retin A.  Available by prescription only.  It's the only thing that works.  Ask your doctor for a script.  

MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:54 PM
I use Mary Kay skin care products.
annezeiler
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

IPL twice a year.  Skin doc told me it's more effective than any cream (you can find great prices on Groupon, too).  Got Fraxel once five years ago - it was amazing and shaved YEARS off my face (but it was pricey and hurt like a bitch).  I want to do it again since it worked so well and I'm hitting the big 4-0 next year, but I'll have to grow a pair first.  Did I mention it REALLY hurt, lol?

caito
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:58 PM

I've started to get fine lines too.

The best thing you can do for your skin is to stay hydrated, stay out of the sun, use sunscreen, and don't use too many harsh products on it. I kinda sorta doubt the claims of most beauty serums and shit. 

blessed107
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Both the women on my dad's and mom's side don't start to wrinkle until way in their 70's. Hopefully I will be as fortunate as them, I'm close to 46, not one yet. I've always just used plan dove as well as my moma and grandmothers did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Well i started preventing wrinkles in my 20s . They say you have to do things to prevent them before they even appear because once they are hear they don't leave. I been taking biotin and i always use coconut oil for my face and eye lids. Never had a wrinkle and I'm in my 40s.  I also take prenatal vitamins since i was younger and that helped also. I been drinking green and black tea for years as well. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Botox, lol . I'm 37 and I've started to notice very fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes. I have my first botox appointment today at 4:30. 

imyourPuppy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I'm not there yet :), don't forget to update us with the results. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Botox, lol . I'm 37 and I've started to notice very fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes. I have my first botox appointment today at 4:30. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM

I am almost 41 and zero fine lines. Moisterize, moisterize, moisterize was drilled into my head by my mom before I ever hit puberty. My mom is a week away from 62 and only has a couple very fine lines you have to look really closely to notice if she isn't wearing makeup. I use a gentle facial cleanser, grapeseed oil, coconut oil and at night add a night cream. I use sunscreen, wear big hats, and good sunglassed when I am outdoors. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)