Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you choose to announce your pending abortion to friends and family….

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

...without knowing if they are pro or anti abortion, I think you are looking for drama and are placing an agenda higher than their possible feelings.  

Something like 50%  of Americans are not pro-abortion, so waving your decision in their face is pretty galling.

Obviously, if you know they are ok with abortion and are looking for support,  it is a different story.    

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I never understood advertising your abortion.  Only people who know about mine are me, my husband, and the doctor.  My medical history is my business, and my business alone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM
I can't imagine telling anyone I was having an abortion. I had one 10 years ago and I was so mortified and ashamed that I wouldn't tell anyone other than my partner.
DW030714
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM

and a dump load of strangers lol

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I never understood advertising your abortion.  Only people who know about mine are me, my husband, and the doctor.  My medical history is my business, and my business alone. 

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Well you people don't matter in the grand scheme of things.  You don't know me from Adam so it doesn't really matter if you know. 

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Well yes, but I could not pick her out of a crowd.  It really is not the same thing, in my mind.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:21 PM

BUMP!

Del672
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Why would you even announce an unwanted pregnancy?  That is just incredibly asinine.  smh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: I can't imagine telling anyone I was having an abortion. I had one 10 years ago and I was so mortified and ashamed that I wouldn't tell anyone other than my partner.

there is hope and healing in Christ alone...I am sorry you were mortified and ashamed. There is no sin that is cannot be forgiven, except denying God and His Son. <3 God Bless!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:26 PM

it also becomes a part of them. your so-called 'business' has become their business too. They will be affected by your choice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)