Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I could just use an "its going to be ok".

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My DD has had a strange croupy/barky cough since she was young. She's 7. Sometimes you hear it when she's not sick and not doing much. Its like a honking goose/a 75 year old male chain smoker. Winters she will get walking pneumonia or a bad cough with ear infection. She's been seen by a pulmonologist. First he tjought an A Typical asthma. We had a follow up and he wants her to be tested for Cystic fibrosis. He told me he's pretty certain she doesn't have it, but its a non invasive quick way to rule it out. He made me promise not to worry. She was screened at birth (all babies are in my state) and that was normal.

But, there are some other symptoms that match. I'm sure it couldn't be, but just the idea makes me so upset. When it comes back negative next week, I'm sure ill feel stupid for being worried. But I am.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sarbear8508
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
It's perfectly normal to worry, you're a mommy. I hope everything is fine. I know it's way easier said but try not to worry he just wants to run tests as a precaution.
My sister and I got the worst, cough you could imagine when we were little. It sounded like a dry deep bark. We eventually grew out of it as teens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Thank you for saying that. I'm hoping that is the case here.

Quoting sarbear8508: It's perfectly normal to worry, you're a mommy. I hope everything is fine. I know it's way easier said but try not to worry he just wants to run tests as a precaution.
My sister and I got the worst, cough you could imagine when we were little. It sounded like a dry deep bark. We eventually grew out of it as teens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Thank you, and just wsnted to update that her test results were normal!

Quoting sarbear8508: It's perfectly normal to worry, you're a mommy. I hope everything is fine. I know it's way easier said but try not to worry he just wants to run tests as a precaution.
sjenkins8208
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2014 at 4:44 PM
I'm sure it's not cf. most families have SOME sort of history. What ever it is, I hope they figure it out
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2014 at 4:45 PM

It's alright. I don't think you can have it for that long with out it getting noticed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I will be fine,  I would tell you stop worrying but we all not Mom's worry (it's what we do) but if the Doctor is sure it isn't that, trust him. 

crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2014 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad it's not CF. :)
I had a boy in my class once whose windpipe was weaker and it sorta collapsed on itself. Most of the time he was fine but when it did collapse he had a barking/wheezy sound. Otherwise he appeared fine :) just a thought.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Her pulmonologist actually suggested that could be it. So you could be right.

Quoting crazy4u49033: Glad it's not CF. :)
I had a boy in my class once whose windpipe was weaker and it sorta collapsed on itself. Most of the time he was fine but when it did collapse he had a barking/wheezy sound. Otherwise he appeared fine :) just a thought.
sarbear8508
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Yay :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you, and just wsnted to update that her test results were normal!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)