Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you have punished me....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

When I was 14 (38 now) my mom and sister were outside in the front yard.  My sister had a water gun and shot one of my classmates that was riding by with the water gun.  My mom told her not to do it and she went back to shooting the house, her toys, and our car with the water gun.  My mom was pulling weeds in the garden.  The kid rode by again and my sister shot him again.  He jumped off his bike, knocked her down, and shot her in the face with the water gun.  My mom turned around and then chased him off.  She called his mom about it.

Later she told me about it.  The next day at school he walked up behind me, shoved me, and started getting in my face about my sister being a brat...she was THREE.  He called my mom a bitch.  And basically kept trying to push me.  I got fed up, turned around, pushed him up against a locker, and told him to stay the hell away from me and my family.  At that point a teacher pulled me off of him and send me to the office.  As I was walking away he yelled behind me that my grandmother was a bitch too...she had died the week before.  I broke off from the teacher and decked him...then walked myself to the principal.

After hearing the entire story...the principal handed my punishment over to the soccer coach and that other kid was suspended for starting it all.

Now...this kid lived over a mile away from me.  There was no reason for him to even be in my neighborhood.  He was a bully. 

My dad didn't punish me at all.  Only thing he said was that he knew I was angry...but that wasn't the best way to handle it.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:54 PM

bump

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM

No

buckeyefever
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM

no i would not have. i had a boyfriend when i was younger hit me so hard he broke glasses and knocked a few teeth out. I picked up the closest thing to me which was a 2 by 4 and beat the living crap out of him with it. my dad did not punish me. hell the boyfriends parents busted his ass and teased him because his ass got handed to him by a girl.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Quoting buckeyefever:

no i would not have. i had a boyfriend when i was younger hit me so hard he broke glasses and knocked a few teeth out. I picked up the closest thing to me which was a 2 by 4 and beat the living crap out of him with it. my dad did not punish me. hell the boyfriends parents busted his ass and teased him because his ass got handed to him by a girl.

I was so mad at this kid.  We got in another fight my senior year.  He thought it would be funny to spit in my drink...so I punched him.

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Nope. I would have taken you out for ice cream!
buckeyefever
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I know the feeling. I was 14 and just snapped. I pretty much went into a blackout rage where i just lost control. I try to avoid fighting because of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:01 PM
No, I don't think you should have been punished.

I had a kid grope me in the hall, he and his friend cornered me in a crowded hall, so I knocked the daylights out of him. One of the teachers saw me sock him, so she drug me to the office. I told the principal what happened, he had me wait while I talked to the guy who groped me. Well he and his buddy had both made up a story to make me look bad. But it just so happened that these other two guys, they were two years older and had witnessed the entire thing. I didn't know the older guys, but fortunately they came into the office to make sure the principal knew what really happened. In the end the other two boys were suspended. Nothing happened to me! My Dad was glad I knew how to stand up for myself.
LadyEmris
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Nope. Deff not!
Sandiekd21
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM

No, I would not have punished you.

My little sister (a year younger than me) had a crush on this boy (we were in elementary). One day, this boy called our other little sister a bitch. So my first sister kicked him in the nads.

She was suspended. When she got home, my parents took her out for ice cream.

That's how it is in my family. We never punish for standing up for each other. We are blood. That's how it should be, and I would do the same if my children did something similar.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM

No, I wouldn't have, but I would have discussed with you other options on handling the situation differently in the future. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)