Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

puppy opinion needed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I have a 6 month old puppy. Hes trained. Goes potty outside and on a puppy pad if the need occurs and we dont get him out quick enough....I leave for work before my dh..he used to put him in his kennel before he left for work, but lately hes been just letting him out in the house while we're gone. When i come home hes always asleep on the couch on his blanket and always uses the pad (no prob there) im just worried he'll get into somthin n get hurt while were gone. He weighs 4 pounds if that. So far so good but it makes me nervous. He only has access to the kitchen n living room.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never used a crate/cage/kennel and never had an animal hurt themselves while I've been gone. I've had 4 dogs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Thanks! Hes my first dog. Ive always had cats. I think its bc hes so little that im nervous.

Quoting lollip0p:

I've never used a crate/cage/kennel and never had an animal hurt themselves while I've been gone. I've had 4 dogs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My dogs never hurt themselves while I am gone. They are small. My trash has a lid so they can't get into it. Usually they are buried under the pillows on my bed when I get home.
purplemonkey702
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:36 PM

You need to talk to your husband then and tell him the dog needs to be in the crate. Crate training is great for some dogs, but not others.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:37 PM
hes potty trained, i was just worried he'd get into somthin and get hurt.

Quoting purplemonkey702:

You need to talk to your husband then and tell him the dog needs to be in the crate. Crate training is great for some dogs, but not others.

ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Just keep anything poisonous out of his reach. I would probably also avoid leaving sharp objects on the floor. No food like things out that he might find interesting laying out.

Crates are great things but if he is behaving and not having problems I wouldn't worry.
SamanthaSage
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Dogs don't usually get hurt while their people are away. I wouldn't worry if I were you. Just make sure any kind of plants are up. Some are poisonous to dogs and cats so just make sure they're out of reach in case he one day gets a taste for one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:39 PM
he seems to be doing good. I cant think of anything he'd get into but of course theres always somethin u woulda never thought of :/

Quoting ShaMac: Just keep anything poisonous out of his reach. I would probably also avoid leaving sharp objects on the floor. No food like things out that he might find interesting laying out.

Crates are great things but if he is behaving and not having problems I wouldn't worry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:40 PM
no worries there....i kill plants! So i dont have any lol.

Quoting SamanthaSage:

Dogs don't usually get hurt while their people are away. I wouldn't worry if I were you. Just make sure any kind of plants are up. Some are poisonous to dogs and cats so just make sure they're out of reach in case he one day gets a taste for one.

SamanthaSage
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol. Then I don't see any cause for worry.

Quoting Anonymous 1: no worries there....i kill plants! So i dont have any lol.
Quoting SamanthaSage:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)