Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SM vs BM how do you handle discipline?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Should step mom's spank their step kids? I understand when my girls go to their dad's that there are rules to follow and consequences if they do not but the thought of their SM laying a hand in my kid makes me see red. What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:43 PM

No other than basic timeouts and privilege's taken away the punishment at their dad's house should be handled by their dad.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:44 PM
I hope my ex is alone for the rest of his life. Realistically, all parents should come to an agreement on these things. I do not know that I could be so mature though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:46 PM
My dds step mom has the power to punish her how she sees fit. We get along very well and my dd needs to learn to respect and listen to her as well. I don't think she should wait to be punished till her dad gets home. That just teaches her that she doesn't have to listen to her step mom till her dad gets home. However we very rarely if ever spank.
Callaly
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:47 PM

My ex doesn't have a new wife or gf.. but if he did, I am sure we would all sit down like adults and come to an agreement for punishment.

SO does timeouts, takes things away, puts her in her place not physically tho because we don't do that period. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I don't think they should have to wait for dad I just have issues with her touching my kids. I'm not a big spanker (each girl has gotten excatly 1 from me and it was for a very serious infraction)
readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:50 PM

no, the sm does not discipline my kids. If there is an issue, the father can reprimand or let me know.

neither one of them can spank, no way.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:51 PM
No, step-moms should not spank their step-children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I think the rules need to be the same. If you don't want SM to spank then you shouldn't spank. In any case spanking shouldn't need to be used if the kids are older then 3.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:56 PM
I'm a sm and I would never spank his kids, granted their 11 and 15 now but even when they were 5 and 9, no way. They aren't my kids and I would never touch them. With that being said my stepsons are weirdly well behaved, always have been lol.
WesAndNicksMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM
I spank my kids but I wouldn't spank my SO's son (but I think he could definitely use it sometimes).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)