Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you tell your 16-year old self?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:04 PM
  • 298 Replies
8 moms liked this

This is what I'd tell my 16-year old self:

Dear 16-year old Me,

Please stop worrying about boys.  You'll eventually meet a man when you're in college and he will be the love of your life.  These high school boys are a distraction and not worth the time.

Please get to know your dad better.  You'll lose him in only 8 years when he dies from cancer.

If you have the chance, travel more, explore more, read more and meet more people.  Go to the best college you can afford. 

Stop fretting about your hair and the size of your jeans.  They're fine and no one else really cares anyway.

Love,

The older Me

(What would you tell your 16-year old self, if you could?)

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pokemongirl0191
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
i'd tell myself.

Don't worry to much about how you look. Start eating again. (I was borderline Anorxic in high school.)
lisin to mom when she says you can't date a guy a couple years older then you. She's right.
spend more time with my sister. don't hold a grudge over something that's in the past.

love older me.
Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM
18 moms liked this
Lol it wouldn't matter what i said. My 16 year old self wouldn't listen to anyone. Lol she was such a bitch. Lol
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine was too! I'd probably slap her and tell her to straighten up!!

Quoting Shy_Dia: Lol it wouldn't matter what i said. My 16 year old self wouldn't listen to anyone. Lol she was such a bitch. Lol
Momeficient
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this
She wouldn't listen to me. She was a downright asshole who thought she knew it all! If anything, I'd like to punch her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Dear 16 yr old self,

Be nice to your mother and spend as much time with her as you can, she will pass away shortly after you turn 19. Time is ticking. Have fun with your boyfriend but if something feels off, it is, dump him. While your at it dump your no good friend who steals your boyfriends any chance she gets, she will not bring you joy in your life and she needs more help than you can muster, do it now, don't wait until you are 18.
Enjoy your senior year, enjoy your friends, don't worry so much about your looks and your weight. You are pretty, you just don't know it. don't stress so much over boys and never finding one to marry you someday. It will work out and you will end up with every thing you want.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm... I don't know...I didn't really have any issues when I was that age and other than having 2 kids, my life hasn't changed much in the past 20+ years. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Save all of your money

and finish your college degree

HarleyQN
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Be more patient with yourself. You can't be everything to everyone and don't let small mistakes kill your confidence. 

Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't pick-up with that new girl.  She will cause you to ruin almost every relationship that you have.  Thankfully your parents will forgive you and still love you.  But you will lose everyone else.  She is not worth it.  She is not your friend.  Please listen to your best-friends about this.

But, at the same time, if things had gone differently, I may not have ever met my husband.  :)

TSNDDY
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:27 PM
I'd tell myself to not be so stupid with money when I was younger and save it!!!! That traveling isn't as intimidating as it seemed and to just do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)