Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is an ideal age gap between siblings??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
Hello, how many kids you have ? And how many years of age gap between them? Whats an ideal age in your opinion? Actually , I am confuse. I have one baby. I dont know if me and my baby are ready to welcome a newborn in our life.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Thankyou !!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Bump
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM

It differs for everyone..some people like a small age gap and some like larger gaps. 

My oldest is 9 and my youngest is 6. They are 2 years 9 months apart. It's easier now, but when they were little, it was very hard.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Chandra314
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Two minutes...

ETA: if you're given a choice in the matter, I'd recommend more time in between--having two newborns is quite a bit of work 😜
MzD3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:34 PM

My 2 are 7 yrs apart 

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:36 PM
For us, I think we would like ds to be 4 or 5 before we think about having another. I don't think i could do more than one in diapers and all that. Some people prefer their kids to be very close in age, and that's fine. I can certainly see the good points there, it's just not for me.
mom2devin11005
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:37 PM

well I can tell you that 7 years apart is not the ideal lol..... I have an almost 10 year old and a 3 year old and I thought with that large of an age gap there would be fewer fights but I was very much so wrong.... they fight like cats and dogs

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:38 PM

My kids are 10 and 6, 4 years apart.  I love the age gap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM
I think it depends on the kids and the parents. My oldest is 6.5 middle is 3.5 and youngest is 20 months. Were TTC #4 (and final) baby now. Wed discussed sooner but didn't feel it was good timing because our youngest is still "small and behind" (he's just now starting to walk on a more regular basis instead of a few steps at most a day, starting to actually say words finally, etc) I'm don't like the big age gap between the first 2 too much and wish they were closer in age but having one sooner wasn't an option.
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM

I have 4 children with age gaps of 5, 6, and 2.5 years.  I think the ideal gap is 5 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)