Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a brand new stepmom! Help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
Well long story short.
My HUSBAND dated a woman for a few weeks and then she just walked away. 7 years later she passed away and she left a note saying that her DD is my husbands daughter.

The DNA test came back and she is his. We are both happy and sad(because she lost her mom)

We don't have the money to buy her clothes and shoes( her mother OD and was very poor) So she came to us with nothing:(

Do you know where I could go to get her a few things? I'm 6 weeks pregnant and new to this mom thing so any suggestions would be great
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Call some local churches. Or 211
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Call some local churches. Or 211
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Walmart? Shirts and pants are $4 there.

KreatingMe
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Thrift stores. Where I used to live there were several consignment shops dedicated to baby and children's items. They had nice things but not at thrift store prices. You might want to check it out.

FB has local flea market groups and groups dedicated to trading and selling children's clothes and toys. If there is not a group on here for that, there ought to be!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:57 PM
4 moms liked this
Why are you pregnant if you can't afford basic nessasities?? That baby will need clothes n shoes one day too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Thrift stores, Salvation Army, Goodwill, call your local churches or schools, and call up your friends who may have or know kids her age who can part with some donated items. I'm glad she has a place to come to after such a tragedy! It'll be a big learning curve for all of you, but I'm sure you'll all be ok. *big hugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:59 PM

try your local online yard sales on facebook or craigslist. freecycle might help...everything is free. Walmart is super cheap. There's goodwill,salvation army,etc. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:00 PM

First you said your ex dated a woman, now you're saying he's your DH. Which is it?

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Wait.  If it's your ex, how are you a step mom? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)