Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who is right

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM
  • 28 Replies
Names changed....
Jess put down a down payment for her daughter beth bc her car blew up and she needed a way to work or she would loose her job and a way to get her child to and from ...so jess put the down payment and financed it since beth had started a new job...beth made the car payments but jess paid the insurance on the brand new car to help beth get on her feet...someone rear ended beth and the insurance went up bc beth was an inexperienced driver so jess said beth needed to pay the difference of the increase...money needed to be paid for a diminished value claim and beth did not have it so jess paid it...jess says when dv claim is submitted if it is as large as they project 5-9k since it had less than 7k on it when it was hit that beth should take around 3k and refinance the car and jess feels she should get the rest since she was paying insurance, dv fee and down payment... Beth feels she should get it all....who is right........not sure if either come on here that's why I changed names
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM

dv...what is dv?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM

split it

AvantGardener
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM

How much was the down payment? I'm inclined to say Beth should buy the car from her mom at this point.

MamaRae85
by *you're on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

The mom is right. She's the one who is taking the financial hit by helping her daughter and being the one who pays the insurance, so she should get some restitution for it.

Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:46 PM

diminished value.

Jess since Beth has paid nothing.

HelloKritty
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM
If Beth gets any money back, Jess should calculate how much she put into it and get that amount back. I got in an accident when I was 17, I had to start paying my parents the difference from the insurance that went up, and made small payments every paycheck to pay the deductible.
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Beth should repay Jess the down payment then take the rest to pay all the other car related fees as they come due. Jess would no longer pay anything on the car. No way should Beth take it all.
Missdameanor
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Mary is Right ;)

MamaRae85
by *you're on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

QUIT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLES' MONEY, MARY!

Quoting Missdameanor:

Mary is Right ;)

chrissara1011
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Diminished value

Quoting Spare.Time:

dv...what is dv?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)