Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Congratulations, I think?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

This is the worst response to a woman telling you she is pregnant. Seriously, its offensive and hurtful.  It's just a backhanded way of saying you aren't really pleased with the situation.

My situation isn't perfect but we are excited for our blessing and you are just raining on my parade. 

RANT DONE. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah923
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM
I agree that's pretty much one of the rudest things to say to someone when they share the news with you.

Congrats to you and I'm glad you're happy :-)
mrsmoonbeam
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry some people just have to be holier then though asshats.
mrsmoonbeam
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Congradulations.
RoaringLion
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM
It depends on the situation. When I found out I was pregnant with my oldest, the last thing I wanted to hear was congratulations of any kind. Of course, if you're excited and happy to be sharing the news, then yes, that is a silly statement to make, but congratulations are not always appropriate when a pregnancy is announced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM
3 moms liked this
It's just someone who's not sure what to say. They're awkward. Doesn't mean they're jerks.
desiivy
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM
That would be why on our Facebook announcement along with the untra sound pix. I said We are having a daughter, yes we are happy about it. Because I knew someone would say something negative, my sister didn't disappoint her resopnce was wait what another one!!!!!! Congrats sissy I love you. I expected worst.
hautemama83
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:50 PM
You're over thinking it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM

First of all, Congrats to you! that's very exciting!

but second, people just need to deal with their OWN problems in private. if she has a problem with you being pregnant, that is NOT YOUR PROBLEM! she should have said "Congrats" and then she could have gone and cried/vented/screamed whatever her true reaction was somewhere else. 

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM

No its not the worst response. I can think of ( and have been told) much worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM
I only said that ounce and that was because the lady was 50 and I wasn't sure she was even happy about it. Although I did say I'm babies are alwalways a blessing in my eyes. That was to a post here the other day. I didn't know if op was even happy about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)