Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

two weeks before Christmas and hes not getting something from santa!! UP DATE, hes getting a chestboard set.!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
Alright the ss has been a little brat all year, but it's been worst over the last few months. He's doing poorly in school, has been refusing to do his homework. Gets into fights with other kids, won't listen to the teacher. We have tried, well I have tied.his dad isn't always around (because of work) and has left his schooling completely to me. I have two other Children to take care, I can't always give him the attention he needs all the time. But still it's been a non stop battle with him, he spends more time in time out (grounded) then anything else.

I don't want to be the bad guy, I know somethings are just him acting out. But when he hurts his siblings, MY BABIES Then that's it. He hit his brother this morning and busted his lip, lo isn't even two years old. Hitting him over a toy is unacceptable!! I have warned ss over and over again that if he ever hurt his brother or sister then he wasn't getting a gift from Santa!

In our family everyone gets one big expensive gift from "Santa" and then smaller ones from us and other family members. This year he asked for a iPad as his gift from Santa.. well I have it in the closet waiting to go under the tree, but after this morning that's not going to happen. His dad said to take it back to the store and honestly I'm really thinking about it. Ss is 8 years old, he knows better then to hit his brother. God forbid that he had gone after his 4 month old sister! So he's not getting an iPad, he will still get the smaller gifts and things from family. But as for a gift from Santa he's getting a stocking full of "coal".

Edit: we talked it over and he is getting a chestboard set. It's not what he wanted but we figured that maybe if he learned to play that and not video games that he might be better off. Dh went and picked it up yesterday and it's going under the tree. The iPad we are giving to the little girl next door for Christmas.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:58 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm not going to weigh in on the punishment...

But, it would be a good idea to get to the bottom of why he is acting out.

Bleacher-mom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:03 PM
I can't say I would hand out the same punishment, except that I am against empty threats. And if that is how you deal with him, tell him if he does this than this will happen and he does it but you don't follow thru, then that is why he is not listening.

cjs702006
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I agree that with how he's been acting he shouldn't really get something from Santa, but if he's a younger boy, maybe something small would be ok instead of the coal?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:05 PM
I'd never use Christmas as punishment.
dee06
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Where is his mom?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:06 PM
It's not an actual stocking full of coal it's just a little stocking with fake coal in it with the word naughty on it.. it's been used for years in my husband's family for when the kids were naughty. SS knows what it means even though this is the first year he has gotten one.

Quoting handy0318:

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:07 PM
I would probably do it too.

Is he in therapy? Is his mom around? If she isn't, that could be why he is such a handful.
motherofzandz
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:07 PM

If you threaten it you better be willing to back it up.

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:08 PM

As I said, I'm not really weighing in on the punishment...

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's not an actual stocking full of coal it's just a little stocking with fake coal in it with the word naughty on it.. it's been used for years in my husband's family for when the kids were naughty. SS knows what it means even though this is the first year he has gotten one.
Quoting handy0318:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:09 PM
He will still get the small gifts from his father and I along with what is from family. It's not like he won't be getting anything at all. We have always used a stocking full of coal for the kids that where naughty for Santa. But this is the first year he is personally getting one.

Quoting cjs702006:

I agree that with how he's been acting he shouldn't really get something from Santa, but if he's a younger boy, maybe something small would be ok instead of the coal?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)