Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG...FMFL right now... Update

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:03 PM
  • 1 Replies

I am so ill.  Whatever this is, it is NOT a regular cold.  It gave me terrible muscle spasms last night and I ended up having to take a muscle relaxer to even sleep.  If you know anything about me, you know THAT is pretty telling.  I have Fibromyalgia and RA and all I take is 400mg of Ibuprofen once daily, just to get my back stretched out and moving.  Not only that, but I also took and extra 400mg of Ibuprofen and a Benadryl.  My Dh is really worried.  I never take Benadryl unless I am having an allergic reaction.  

I woke up feeling awful, but I didn't feel as bad as last night, so I figured I would be fine, getting better.  No, it was a freaking trick.  I am worse again.  In just under 90 minutes, I am supposed to go pick up the kids from Parent's Night Out.  It has been planned since last week and I was feeling better, so I didn't think it would be a problem.  Yeah, now it's a problem.  I can't barely feel my fingers to type this.  Thankful for spell checker.  Everything hurts, my head, my back, my face is throbbing.  My eyes are watering and I'm so dizzy, short of breath, and having trouble thinking straight.  ER would tell me to go home and get rest and fluids, so that won't help.  

DH is two hours from home, so I called my brother and SIL.  I am not going to be hearing the end of this any time soon.  

BTW PNO has it's own slip and you put on there who is OK to pick up.  Even though SIL and Brother are on the school's PU list, I don't usually put them on this slip.  Only DH and I.  It's never been a problem before.  FML  I have never been so ill.  Any goodvibes you could send would be highly appreciated.

Update: So, SIL comes over, I insisted we use my car so they don't use any more gas from theirs.  We get there 10 minutes early.  You can pick the kids up early, you just shouldn't be late.  So, I have a long sleeved light jacket on and I use it to sign the spaces and the teacher calls back on a walkie for the kids.  I am standing there and I spike another fever.  Sweating bullets and trying to cover my mouth so I don't share my germs.  I wait....and wait....and wait.  Kids come out, go with their parents, I wait some more.  Finally, a spot opens on one of the benches and I sit down.  My fever is starting to break and I have the jacket over my face now.  DH texts that he is home about 8:15.  I see parents who came in well after me and a few others, already leaving with their kids.  WTF?  Finally, it's me and 4 other sets of parents, still waiting.  One lady had arrived before I did.  The teacher asks for our kid's names, we all respond.  Then, she asks if any kids remain- NOPE.  My kids finally get there and they tell me no one ever called.  It's now after 8:30!  DH could have come and picked them up!  I was almost in tears, I was so PISSED!  Well, I hope everyone enjoys this nasty cold as much as I have, because I am pretty sure everyone has been infected.  SMH

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Huge hugs . Sorry you are feeling so bad . Hoping you start feeling better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)