Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm really at a loss...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
1 mom liked this
16 years of being together, 15 years of marriage, 3 kids...My husband has never lied to me. He's been working super long hours. That is truly not suspicious. Our daughter had a ballgame at 5:00 that we thought he was going to miss. He let me know at 3:45 that he was going to make it, he managed to get off early. Awesome!

I just looked at his phone. The stupid blinking light was bothering me. It's never been an issue before. He didn't go to work. He was texting his co-workers at 4:45, when he should have been leaving, that his truck wouldn't start. The kids and I left at 7:30 for work and school, like normal. Where the hell was he? And why did he lie to me? This is NOT normal behavior for him.

My stomach hurts. I'm hurt and confused. What the fuck.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Maybe he was Xmas shopping.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:36 PM
At 5:00 in the morning? And why lie to me? If he wanted to take the day off, I don't care. Why lie?

Quoting caustinb: Maybe he was Xmas shopping.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Ask him
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I hope this isn't as serious as you (and most wives/gf's would) think. When you get the kids to sleep confront him calmly. Update us. Best wishes for your family!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:42 PM
I'm going to. He's out picking up dinner. And then I have to take our daughter and her friend to the movie theater. I'll probably wait until the kids are in bed. I feel sick. He even told me that he had to come back home during the day because he forgot his work phone. I mean, that's just complete bullshit. I feel so sick. Why fucking lie?!

Quoting lucky2Beeme: Ask him
-42-
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Maybe he has a surprise planned. Stay calm!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:50 PM
I hope not, too. I have NEVER had suspicions about him, ever. I feel so sick. I just don't understand. I keep thinking that there's a logical explanation. But why lie to me?

Thank you. I will update after we talk.

Quoting amje: I hope this isn't as serious as you (and most wives/gf's would) think. When you get the kids to sleep confront him calmly. Update us. Best wishes for your family!
Country_Baby_10
by Britta on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:53 PM
I think you might be reading too much into this. Was there anything else you thought that would raise a red flag?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:00 PM
I hope so. No, not a single other red flag. But why lie?

Quoting Country_Baby_10: I think you might be reading too much into this. Was there anything else you thought that would raise a red flag?
firespurity
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Since the holiday is so close I wouldn't say anything, yet. This could easily be a surprise.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)