Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Like my friend, REALLY dislike my friend's kid

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I have a friend who is fun and thoughtful and I generally enjoy hanging out with her now and then, but her 11 y/o son is just... ugh.  He's not a bad kid, he's just one of the dullest, boring, unengaging people I know.  There is nothing enjoyable about this child and my children don't enjoy his company, either.

And my friend keeps calling me to babysit him because she has a boyfriend she wants to see every weekend.  She is generous offering money & pitching in food, but she wants me to take him over night and then well into the following day and I can barely stand to be with the child for an hour.  I have taken him once every blue moon but I just don't want to do it anymore.  There is no way I can tell someone I don't like their child so I find myself making up a lie and that is just NOT AT ALL who I am so I feel guilty.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Can't he stay home on his own for a few hours? I did at that age and loved the peace and watching whatever tv I wanted!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:25 PM

I think she will leave him for a while but she wants an overnight, like from 5pm one evening to 4pm the next day.  Too long for an 11 y/o to be alone.

dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I feelyou. I love my best friend. Her daughter however, not so much. She is kinda mean to my daughter, she is a bad influence and she trashed my daughters room when she comes over.
I have no advice, good luck.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
If he's dull, boring, & unengaging then sit him in front of the xbox or whatever and let him do his thing. Just disengage, feed him as needed, keep him from harm, be polite when you do talk to him, and leave him alone. He doesn't sound like he's jumping around trying to get attention.
Ashgambit
by Boomstick on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I had to go reread the post because at first I thought she said the kid was 11 months. I was wondering how someone could develop an opinion like that over such a young child, then felt even more confused reading your reply, lol.

Quoting lollip0p:

Can't he stay home on his own for a few hours? I did at that age and loved the peace and watching whatever tv I wanted!

TheNamelessDoll
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:32 PM

I know this feeling. We have friends (a married couple) that we enjoy time with but their boys, 4yrs and 7yrs old are HORRIBLE. I never dislike children has much as I do these boys. :/

lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:32 PM

rolling on floor

That's hilarious!

Quoting Ashgambit: I had to go reread the post because at first I thought she said the kid was 11 months. I was wondering how someone could develop an opinion like that over such a young child, then felt even more confused reading your reply, lol.
Quoting lollip0p:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Funny!  ^^

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)