Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I swear I want to put my dh on an allowance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
We both work, but we're struggling. He takes a lunch to work, but manages to spend at LEAST $20 a day at gas stations, truck stops, and the like. Some days it's upward of $50. He makes more than I do, but he spends like he doesn't care if we save or not.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Some people just can't see how the little purchases add up so fast :(

Hubris_Huntsman
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Does he care? If he cares, he might not really grasp how fast it adds up. Some people need to see it on paper that they spent $XX on coffee before they realize, wow, that's a lot.

If he doesn't care, that sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Me too but I don't work so I can't really. I'm looking for a job now because I can't take it anymore and need my independence back. It's good you still work.

If he's that bad with money he might not notice if you take some of his to put in savings. Just an idea.
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM
I give my husband a flat 20 dollars 6 days a week. Thats his allowance. He carrys no debit cards.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Don't you guys have a budget?

PeppermintyTea
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:45 PM
I would just talk to him about it, or ask him to take out cash instead of using the debit card so that he is more mindful of his weekly spending. My BIL has SIL on an allowance, and so my opinion is biased, but I think it's so degrading to do that to a spouse. She is not a SAHM either, and they do very well financially BIL is just a tightfist Mr.Krabs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I budget, he ignores it. 😞

Quoting Rangermom772:

Don't you guys have a budget?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)