Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My friend rejected her baby after birth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

A friend of mine went into labor yesterday. She was single and pregnant, her ex had beaten her servely after she told him she was pregnant.

Yesterday she went into labor and late last night, she gave birth to healthy baby girl.

When I went to visit her today, my friend had refused to hold her baby since she was born and did not want anyone else to see or hold her. Why? Because she claimed the baby was a spitting image of her ex and she wanted nothing to do with "it". She referred to her daughter IT. 

Baby has not yet been named and she will most likely be scheduled for release tomorrow morning. Baby was a little early but not by much. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommieof38829
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM
She sounds very depressed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Well, she has a right to her feelings. She may come around or may not.
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:23 PM

That is so sad. I hope that baby can find love.

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like Molly Ringwald in For Keeps.
serve PPD.

Dod you mention it to the nurses? Imnsure theyve noticed, I mean theyre the ones that probably have to feed and change the baby.

Maybe shell give her upnfor adoption.
ChaiTeaMomma32
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Hope she gets some help soon.
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor thing, she must have postpartum depression really bad. Hopefully she has some good friends and family members to support her through this. It can't be easy for her. I feel the most sorry for her daughter. 

kikibix
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Poor woman.  It must be very difficult having those feelings.  If she does adoption, I hope she is in her right mind to do it, it does sound like she is depressed and maybe not thinking clearly.

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM
6 moms liked this
She's gone through trauma. Why do you seem to be judging her instead of helping her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Its sad but you never know how abuse is going to play out in someone emotionally. I hope she gives her baby up for adoption rather than taking it home. I think thats what would be best and I hope the baby gets a good home where it will be loved. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)