Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it considered brandishing a weapon if....

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:38 PM
  • 16 Replies
You are on your property and someone is trespassing? A minor particularly.

we had a group of boys running thru our property tonight and set off our dogs, we recently had a break in so were all high alert, especially our pit mama. My husband stepped outside with a weapon in his hand, but not drawn or aimed, and ran em off. I chewed their asses and I doubt they'll be back, but I'm afraid if they tell thier mamas, they come back with the cops and hell be arrested. Any chance of that? I'm in Texas btw.
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Don't think so, not in Texas. Nothing wrong with having a licensed gun on your property and it sounds like that's all that happened.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Nope.  If they told, they would get in trouble for being on your property.  I think texas has laws that protect homeowners and gun ownership (if that is the weapon).

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:42 PM
No. He doesn't have anything to worry about.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Not here in Texas!
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Yep. Castle Doctrine.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Nope.  If they told, they would get in trouble for being on your property.  I think texas has laws that protect homeowners and gun ownership (if that is the weapon).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Bump
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:45 PM
TX doesn't require firearm registration, so we are allowed to own it, we just don't have it registered. Neither of have a valid CC at this time, but we are permitted to purchase and own a weapon. And I knew TX has the kingdom law, I just didn't know if that applied outside the structure of the home.
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM
We DONT have no trespassing signs and our property is open, meaning our fences aren't enclosed. Not sure if that makes a difference. Also our property is rented.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I would ask  someone who knows the laws in your area or look them up. In our state you are allowed to shoot someone on your property after you have told them to leave or they are not welcome.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM

it is the whole property.  Since you are renting double check with the owner or landlord to find out property lines or their policies for protection.

Quoting got2monsters: TX doesn't require firearm registration, so we are allowed to own it, we just don't have it registered. Neither of have a valid CC at this time, but we are permitted to purchase and own a weapon. And I knew TX has the kingdom law, I just didn't know if that applied outside the structure of the home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)