Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am now the parent you all love to hate!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
3 weeks ago I took my 4yo ds to the doctor for a fever, and a sore throat......he had just gotten off his meds for a sinus infection. The doctor gave him a strep throat test and it came back negative so he was diagnoised with an upper respiratory infection and didn't require a prescription. Later that same day my oldest dd developed a painful sore throat, so when we got home that night I stopped by Walgreens and got her some over the counter meds and tylenol which I gave to both my girls since they both had a sore throat and my youngest dd wasn't feeling good that morning. So the weekend passed and my girls felt better. As the week went on my oldest dd got a lot better but my youngest didn't, so last Friday I took her to the doctor and her strep test came back positive. She has been on meds for a week now. All this week on and off my oldest was complaining of a sore throat and her ears popping.....by the middle of this week she was fine, until today when her ears started popping again, so I took her to the doctor. She has been very careful about sharing with her sister because she didn't want to get strep throat either, and since her throat was feeling fine but a little red imagine our surprise and even the doctors surprise when my oldest dd's strep test came back positive!! I am sad because I should have connected the dots before now and had my oldest dd tested after my youngest dd was tested. I should have figured that my oldest dd gave her sister strep throat.....so I feel like I have been sending my kid to school sick for the last three weeks, and I just didn't connect the two girls until today.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsRA
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Dont' beat yourself up mom....it happens :) 

lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM

You're such a bitch for not realizing your daughters' original strep throat tests were wrong?

Is that why I hate you?

CountYouTwice
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

You can only do so much! Don't beat yourself up!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Had you actually read my post I specifically stated that my sons strep test was negative......a week later my youngest dd's strep test was positive and I didn't think to get my oldest dd tested until today, so chances are my oldest dd has sick with strep for three weeks and I didn't know because the meds helped and she isn't in pain and hasn't had a fever.......my ds hasn't gotten strep yet.

Quoting lollip0p:

You're such a bitch for not realizing your daughters' original strep throat tests were wrong?

Is that why I hate you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM
I just feel bad, I mean she probably picked it up in school but I should have had her checked out after that first weekend.

Quoting MrsRA:

Dont' beat yourself up mom....it happens :) 

NipplePirate
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Yeah, no. You didn't know. We hate the one's who PURPOSELY send their kids to school sick.
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, you missed my point. I don't see why you would be called a bad parent. You did nothing wrong.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Had you actually read my post I specifically stated that my sons strep test was negative......a week later my youngest dd's strep test was positive and I didn't think to get my oldest dd tested until today, so chances are my oldest dd has sick with strep for three weeks and I didn't know because the meds helped and she isn't in pain and hasn't had a fever.......my ds hasn't gotten strep yet.
Quoting lollip0p:

Is that why I hate you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:20 PM
And no you hate me because yes I am a bitch lol. That
reply was bitchy to (of mine I mean). But no a majority of these women love to bitch at the parents who send their sick kids to school.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Had you actually read my post I specifically stated that my sons strep test was negative......a week later my youngest dd's strep test was positive and I didn't think to get my oldest dd tested until today, so chances are my oldest dd has sick with strep for three weeks and I didn't know because the meds helped and she isn't in pain and hasn't had a fever.......my ds hasn't gotten strep yet.

Quoting lollip0p:

Is that why I hate you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Considering that you're not a Dr and your kids' Dr didn't pick up on it either, I think you're fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, you point totally flew over my head, I am sorry, I got it after my reply to you then I realized my reply was kinda b itchy to prove your point lol.

Quoting lollip0p:

Yeah, you missed my point. I don't see why you would be called a bad parent. You did nothing wrong.

Quoting lollip0p:

Is that why I hate you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)