Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Letter to MIL, Back off B!+(# ***FYI***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 235 Replies
1 mom liked this

tammy,

I understand we do not get along, and that we probably never will. i understand that we do not have the relationship we once had. with that being said how dare you disrespect my husband like that. what gives u the right to treat your own son like that? nothing does, u may be pissed at me, but canyn did nothing wrong here. he was trying to advocate my feelings in a neutral manner that was not in any way aggressive. and for you to hang up on him is what is bullshit and childish to every extent. as for you not being on my facebook, that’s ur fault, you refuse to listen to my feelings and refuse to make any amends or admit that you had a few errors in judgement, i am not perfect and neither are you, my mistake was ever allowing you to have control over my life, understand that i am not your daughter, i am not your child, i am the wife of your son, and you will respect that or you will not be involved with me or the lives of my children, as of now you will not be involved with either child. You are not entitled to anything from me, i don’t care if these are ur blood grandchildren, you disrespected me, my husband and our marriage and this is the result of your actions. You are blocked from my facebook and always will be until you can decide that you are mature enough to understand that you are not entitled to be on my facebook or anything from me. Get over yourself, and your self-righteous attitude. Canyn’s relationship with you is his decision alone, i may not like it, i may not agree with it but i will support him in any decision he makes in regards to you, he’s an adult and quite capable of making his own decisions and supporting him is what any loving wife does. understand that while i support him does not mean that you and i will have contact or a relationship. i am willing to have one with you if you are willing to listen to my feelings and attempt to understand them. but understand that there are boundaries that you will never cross again. my facebook and cellphone are blocked from you contacting me, so if you feel that you can listen to what i have to say, then call or text my husband, your son. the ball is in your court, it is ur decision now.

Fyi, the reason she is upset is because i refused to put her on my facebook and she said that she was hurt that she couldn't see photos of my kids and that it was hurtful that she had to see them through her brother's facebook. my husband called to tell her that i didn't want her contacting me or on my social media page and the reasons why and she got defensive and childish

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:30 PM
14 moms liked this

You sound like a psycho daughter in law from hell.

Hubris_Huntsman
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Don't. You will come off looking crazy and she doesn't care what your opinion is anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Is your dh really named canyn? Or did you change names to protect the innocent. Good luck with this mess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM

BUMP!

michal6
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM
You need paragraphs, it all runs together and is hard to read.
Donna.June
by Pigpen on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Is this the mil who treats her stepgrandkids like crap?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Quoting lollip0p:

fightlikegirl5
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:34 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't think so... Just sounds like she has dealt with a lot of bull shit and is done.

Quoting lollip0p:

kikibix
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I skim read after a few lines, that's too hard to read.  I read your other post (I'm assuming).  Sending that would only make you look bad. You say you do not want contact with her, then do not contact her.  Leave it alone.  Don't message her, don't phone, don't anything. 

RazzleMySpazz
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:36 PM
7 moms liked this
Don't even send...

No matter how angry and justified you are... That letter is a vent. That's all. It serves no actual purpose, except to let off your steam and you can do that in other ways without writing unnecessary angry letters that will just fuel a fire further...

Just delete!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)