Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He won't work and we have a baby on the way!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 200 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I give up and just do this on my own?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 425

View Results

Throughout the pregnancy, he has quit EVERY job he's had within two-three weeks. You would think with a baby on the way, he would step it up a bit and try to do something for his family and future child, but he acts as if he just expects everyone else to support him! I'm not one to try to not be supportive, but at this point it just sounds like BS and excuses over and over again. 

He obtained a job at a local factory, but quit because the smell made him "feel sick." I can understand that, but now I just think he lied about it so he didn't have to work there.

After this he obtained a job at a stocking company, but quit because the job was "too hard" and he disliked that the temp agency was only paying $14ph.  

So what does he do? Quits and takes a job making $8.50ph instead (because that makes sense...)! Three weeks into the job he quits because the 35 minute commute was "too much." So he takes a job at Subway making $8ph and gets fired for no-call/no-showing! 

Does he not realize we have a baby on the way?

I'm so beyond stressed out at this point and I'm really hurt inside. I feel like he simply doesn't care and that it's really unfair to expect me to do everything when I'm this far along into my pregnancy. I've been going to agencies left and right to try to find something - anything.  

I ended up telling our case manager everything last week and he ran away from our case manager appointment, which only ended up getting ME in trouble because of HIS actions. I'm seriously at the point of telling him to get the hell out of my life and just doing without him. I think it's borderline abusive to bring a child into the world this way.

ETA: He did have a job prior to the pregnancy for a few years. It wasn't until the actual pregnancy that this hire/fire thing started happening. The job he had was crappy and minimum wage.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:01 AM

BUMP!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:01 AM
3 moms liked this

case manager?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:02 AM
6 moms liked this

Time to drop him.  Get ready to read how you should give him chance after chance because no matter what, you should never break up with a guy but seriously, he's worthless. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Yes, we have a case manager who works as a social worker to help us on bettering finances and improving quality of life, so we don't end up homeless. This is a service provided from SA because we are involved in one of their programs. He is required to work in order for us to stay on the program.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

case manager?

strongforthem
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:06 AM
6 moms liked this
For years you have been pulling the weight while he has been a lazy ass. Having a baby doesn't change things for the better. Just like having a baby isn't a good way to trap a man, it's not a good way to get him to change his ways either. He is who he is, he isn't changing. You have to decide if you are okay with living this way forever.
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Dump him
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this
He'll never change
allsolittle
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM
He's obviously a loser. I couldn't even read beyond the first paragraph... Get rid of him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:10 AM

I didn't trap him with this baby (why would I try to "entrap" someone with a baby who makes nothing?). When we moved I stated stipulations on things that needed to change if he wanted to move forward with the relationship, feeling that perhaps some things had changed. It is my fault for not seeing the BS for what it was, but it's definitely not what I want for myself or my child. 

Quoting strongforthem: For years you have been pulling the weight while he has been a lazy ass. Having a baby doesn't change things for the better. Just like hanging a baby isn't a good way to trap a man, it's not a good way to get him to change his ways either. He is who he is, he isn't changing. You have to decide if you are okay with living this way forever.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:10 AM
2 moms liked this

He has shown you his true colors all along. Did you honestly think a baby would make him straighten up and fly right? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)