Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lets talk 2 year old girls and gifts.

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:06 AM
  • 15 Replies

I need help!!!

My dd will turn 2 in February. I have a few gifts for Christmas and nothing for her birthday. I know I have 2 more months to get for her birthday but I wouldn't mind getting ideas now.

So far for Christmas she will get a baby doll and accessories, 2 books, first purse and a Step 2 roller coaster.

For her birthday I want to get her a baby doll cradle and either high chair or stroller.

What does your 2 yr old daughter like?

I thought this would be easy after having 3 boys but it isn't. I need at least 1-2 more gifts for Christmas and more for her birthday.

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeppermintyTea
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Dd got the fisher price laugh & learn tea set when she was 1 or 2 I can't remember, but she still plays with it now at 5... She had the little people doll house which was a hit, the mooshka tots are super adorable, pretend kitchen/grocery cart have had good staying power as well... My daughter loves that cart that looks like a cozy coupe for dolls. Build a bear she likes quite a bit as well. She has a bitty baby from American girl - the accessories are way overpriced, but if you get just the doll she's fun to bring along for "afternoon tea" at the restaurant there as that isn't too expensive, and it's fun.
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:14 AM

DD loves anything Minnie Mouse or 'princess'. For Christmas, she is getting a little baby doll with some accessories, a 'princess castle' play tent, play food and a little apron for her kitchen, a couple of new coloring books, and a gear puzzle thingy that shaped like an owl. I'm thinking of getting her a Minnie Mouse playset that I saw yesterday at Big Lots as well but we will see if I get there in time. Lol.

maminka-4
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:14 AM

She has a kitchen and cart. Love the mooshka tots! Those are cute! I will look into the laugh and learn tea set.

megm11511
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Dd will be 2 in may. She adores Legos, the ones for little kids. She also loves her dolls and stuffed animals. She just started trying to take her dolls clothes off so maybe some different doll clothes?
Funnybunny02
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:15 AM
My daughter turned 2 a few weeks ago. She likes barbie dolls, stuffed animals, and mega blocks. But she does have a brother and an older sister.
maminka-4
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:16 AM

I should look into an apron for her! I never thought of that. She can help in the my kitchen too as well as hers! I bet my mom could make her one.

Quoting KyBugsMommy815:

DD loves anything Minnie Mouse or 'princess'. For Christmas, she is getting a little baby doll with some accessories, a 'princess castle' play tent, play food and a little apron for her kitchen, a couple of new coloring books, and a gear puzzle thingy that shaped like an owl. I'm thinking of getting her a Minnie Mouse playset that I saw yesterday at Big Lots as well but we will see if I get there in time. Lol.

maminka-4
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:17 AM

I will look into the duplo blocks. We have some already but nothing pink. She will love those! Her brothers are huge into legos so she can have some just for her!

Quoting megm11511: Dd will be 2 in may. She adores Legos, the ones for little kids. She also loves her dolls and stuffed animals. She just started trying to take her dolls clothes off so maybe some different doll clothes?

bcoll
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:18 AM
My 4 and 6 year olds still play with t g at tea set too.

Quoting PeppermintyTea: Dd got the fisher price laugh & learn tea set when she was 1 or 2 I can't remember, but she still plays with it now at 5... She had the little people doll house which was a hit, the mooshka tots are super adorable, pretend kitchen/grocery cart have had good staying power as well... My daughter loves that cart that looks like a cozy coupe for dolls. Build a bear she likes quite a bit as well. She has a bitty baby from American girl - the accessories are way overpriced, but if you get just the doll she's fun to bring along for "afternoon tea" at the restaurant there as that isn't too expensive, and it's fun.
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:20 AM

I think DD will really like it. I picked this one up on a whim when I was at the Dollar Tree a few days ago. I think I am going to go back and see if they have anymore so I that I can keep a few for messy craft projects and helping me in the kitchen. A homemade one would be really cute! You could pick out fabric that she would like and customize it.

Quoting maminka-4:

I should look into an apron for her! I never thought of that. She can help in the my kitchen too as well as hers! I bet my mom could make her one.

Quoting KyBugsMommy815:

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:20 AM

My daughter will be 2 in May and for Christmas I've gotten her some of those markers that only color on that special paper from Crayola and a kitten stuffed animal.  My daughter is really into cars or anything with wheels that she can push around the floor and balls that light up when they're bounced.  She also likes blocks and is kind of into baby dolls but pays more attention to stuffed animals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)