Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this annoy you?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:10 AM
  • 9 Replies

Does it annoy you when people try to tell you what you need to do with your kids? It really super gets on my nerves. I have 5 kids. I'm not a perfect mother by any means, but I DO know when someone needs medical attention. My oldest daughter has a zit on her chin. She picked at it and messed with it until it got red and swollen and sore beyond the zit area. At that point, it was open because she kept picking at it (gross), so I made her wash it, I put witch hazel on it, I Neosporined up a band-aid and covered it up to keep her hands off it and to help it heal. I have every intention of watching for a spreading infection. Earlier tonight DD was on the phone with my ex husband's mother (her grandmother), they were on FaceTime and she showed her grandma the zit. Well, she gets on the phone with me and says, "She has cellulitis, you need to take her to the ER." I was like, "I'm not taking her to the ER for a zit." "Well, her dad had it once when he was 3 and he had to stay in the hospital overnight." She just kept on about it. The thing may well get infected, but I know what to watch for. I'm NOT running to the ER for an overly picked pimple. If the red area gets bigger, harder, and hot to the touch, THEN I'll call her pediatrician. 

She told DD she's FaceTiming her tomorrow so she can look at it and tell me what I need to do.

Lol 

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Lol. Yes, people annoy me.
-42-
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, people get on my nerves a lot, lol.

On the topic of pimples though, a comedone extractor is awesomeness. I have a 14 year old son and it has made a world of difference and keeps him from picking.
KennyPooPoo22
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:18 AM
What's that pink stuff you put on chicken pox? I'm drawing a blank......
Anyway, the next time she gets a pimple or zit put that stuff on it.
FuzzyTendrils
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Calamine lotion! Reminds me of being a kid with the chicken pox lol

Quoting KennyPooPoo22: What's that pink stuff you put on chicken pox? I'm drawing a blank...... Anyway, the next time she gets a pimple or zit put that stuff on it.

ArtIsAwesome
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Calamine lotion (:

Quoting KennyPooPoo22: What's that pink stuff you put on chicken pox? I'm drawing a blank......
Anyway, the next time she gets a pimple or zit put that stuff on it.
KennyPooPoo22
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:22 AM
That's it lol I couldn't think of the name for the life of me!

Quoting FuzzyTendrils:

Calamine lotion! Reminds me of being a kid with the chicken pox lol

Quoting KennyPooPoo22: What's that pink stuff you put on chicken pox? I'm drawing a blank...... Anyway, the next time she gets a pimple or zit put that stuff on it.

LCJan21
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:23 AM
My favorite is when my sister who has no children tries to tell me how to raise my almost 2 year old. Its ridiculous. I wouldn't be running to the er for a zit either.
chezaswolves14
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Yes its extremely annoying. Exceptionally when they don't know what they're talking about and so they just talk out from their ass'. At that point I feel so strongly in throwing something at them and tell them to make some sense in what they say.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Mostly my sister and my dad's sister ... when my son was born my sister was 13 and the bitch (dad's sister) never had kids ... they both constantly were telling me what I should do and how I should handle him. Intensely annoying. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)