Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish I had the guts to walk away......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Yeah, okay I am a loser, pathetic and stupid and whatever else you want to call me. I don't care I know I am. I just have to vent somewhere.

A year and a half ago my husband and I separated, and it's been a year since the divorce was final. I wanted to work on it,he did not. Okay I am not going to stay with you if you don't want me. I left. 

During this time I still wanted to try to make it work. He refused. So the divorce papers where signed and the marriage was over.

I leaned heavily on my friends during this time, including an guy friend who I have known forever who I pathetically ran to when I knew the marriage was over. I didn't want to sleep with him, I didn't want anything more then a friend to talk to. He was willing to be that friend. Until, I stupidly fell for him.  He only wants to be friends. I still hung out with him and shoved my feelings aside and remained strictly fiends.  I just needed friends at this time.

Thing is he is always flirting with me and saying things that are pretty inappropriate, for someone who only wants to be friends (mutual friends have even commented on this, yet he denies it if someone calls him out on it) but even though, I try my best not to flirt or let my feelings show. I still care.

I guess with all this I am saying I wish I had the strength to just walk away. I don't know why I don't I just can't. I guess it all comes down to the fact I can't lose another person I care about.....Pathetic I know

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Sorry you're going through this. Things will get better. You're not a loser, stupid,or pathetic. Get some confidence girl :)
MamaBear131716
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:43 AM
You are newly divorced and miss the closeness of a serious relationship. That's normal. I think it's hard to enter a new relationship fresh out of an old one because you still function on a "exclusive" or "married" view point. Focus on getting to know yourself and find the fun in being single. I think you may think you have feelings for this guy but in reality you just like the attention he gives you. A divorce can be a huge blow to the ego. There is nothing wrong with flirting! You can enjoy that aspect of the friendship without it developing into anything more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:52 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)