Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:35 AM
  • 11 Replies
What do you do when your kids say this?
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
salleem
by Reddlace on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Depending on their age depends on my reaction to it. If they are younger. I tell them, that is not a nice thing to say and tell them that it hurts my feelings and try to redirect the behavior. If they are older, I would tell them: That's nice. I love you, so deal with it. 

Snowbunnies45
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Giggle and st

"That's okay, just means I'm doing my job right, and no you don't hate me. You just dislike me and that's okay, you don't have to lik me all of the time. But at the end of the day I still love you. Now you can go sit in you room or 6 minutes or until you are done with your crying and your attitude."
Amybelle
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:39 AM

"I LOVE You"

munky.wench
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:40 AM

I have yet to experience this with my 8 year old, but I'm guessing that I won't be too happy.

PeppermintyTea
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:41 AM
My daughter knows hate is not a nice word... So she giggles, and says "mom ___ said a bad word!" Believe it, or not I haven't heard that my kids hate me at this point, and I discourage them from using it in conversation. They are only 12, 12, and 5 though.
PlumbersWife344
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Uzma_mom_of_2
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Hasn't happened, and I hope it never will.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Oddly he never has. But if looks could kill I would have died years ago.
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

DD is only 2, so she doesn't say this yet. If/When she does say it she'll probably get, "That just means I'm doing my job. I love you too!", which is what my mom used to tell my sister all the time. Lol.

msharleyjr
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:46 AM
This exactly.

Quoting KyBugsMommy815:

DD is only 2, so she doesn't say this yet. If/When she does say it she'll probably get, "That just means I'm doing my job. I love you too!", which is what my mom used to tell my sister all the time. Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)