Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you judge people with 4+ kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies
Or do you feel judged if you're the one with a lot of kids?

I have 4 and usually don't have them all with me at the same time. If I have 1-2 with me in public, people are usually friendly and will smile at the kids. If it is 3, people stare a little more and often tell me I have my hands full, but I typically don't feel judged. The times that they are all out with me is when I really get looks, and they aren't always friendly. The kids don't have to be doing anything wrong. I guess people just don't like that I have that many. Recently, a woman even made a point to walk by me two times just to make sure I could see her disapproving face. Did she expect me to get rid of some of them?

Is this a normal thing for people to judge you for? I can see how someone can see a big family and not want that for themselves, but why does it really matter if you run across a big family every now and then?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Only if I know they can't afford them.

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:26 AM
I can't be bothered to care.
Amybelle
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:27 AM

I have 5... never felt judged...didn't have the time to think about/care what anyone else thought

MilkLover0203
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:29 AM
Hey, they aren't coming home with me so I don't care. When I have my three sons with me, I have a lot of elderly people tell me, you've got your hands full! Like, really? I wasn't aware. I thought having a 5, 6, and 7 year old was totally easy!
VanillaSprinkle
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this

no Im just jealous that they can handle it all LOL

cybcm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:31 AM
I have 5, I've never personally felt judged.

I know there is the stereotype of the welfare king and queen with a mob of kids that they can't afford to feed, and sure I've heard that, but I don't fit that stereotype at all, so it doesn't effect me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:33 AM

I don't think anyone cares unless your kids are being menaces in public or you obviously can't take care of them.  That applies regardless of how many you have though.

gee18
by Lost soul on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:33 AM
No but in my head I'm just like damn I'm glad that's not me... I can nearly handle one, props to them. I have enough with one.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:34 AM
We have 5...6 in March. The only thing that irritates me is when I hear "Don't you know what causes that?" and "They have something called BIRTH CONTROL...use it!" from people.

Other than that, the judging doesn't bother me.
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:34 AM

If the kids are clean, healthy, and happy then I see no problem with it. I do sometimes wonder how people with a lot of kids keep their sanity though. Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)