Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you have date nights?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:33 AM
  • 7 Replies
Dh and I are one edge most of the time and I really believe it is due to lack of alone time. We haven't been on a date in over a year. We work opposite shifts and often lack funds. Regardless, I want to start making date night a priority. So I ask, what would you pay to babysit a 2.5 and 16 month old for a few hours? How often do you go on dates with your dh?
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PeppermintyTea
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:35 AM
$15 per hour? Our care provider gets paid more, but the circumstances are different. When DH is not away for work we try to go out alone once a week.
xredstarsx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:38 AM
10 an hour probably but I have never paid someone to watch my kids so I don't know the going rate. We have not gone on a date since September 2013.
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:44 AM

We're in the same boat as you, most of the time. Last weekend we got to go to SO's company Christmas party, which is always fun though (especially since I used to work at the same place and get to catch up with all my old co-workers).

I don't even know what the going rate of a good baby sitter is around here. On the off chance that we need a sitter, the grandparents/great grandparents/aunties are usually racing to get to us first and none of them will accept money, except for my sisters who are happy with enough cash to order a pizza for the night. Lol.

SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:49 AM
Married 16 years & my husband & I haven't gone out alone in 13 years. I've never paid a babysitter, so I can't answer that part. I would suggest, though, that you ask around to find the going rate in your area.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:53 AM

We don't really go on dates...

We do have movie night once a week though, and an adult only dinner once a week. So two in-home date nights every week, or we get crabby.

I babysit a few kids though, and usually charge $20 a night for however many they're bringing. Do you have family near by that could watch them for you?

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Not as often as we should but at least once every 3 months. I don't know what the going rate for babysitters is these days, my oldest watches his siblings and we pay him in video games. You could look around on care.com or sittercity and see what people are charging.

GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Hmmm, if we are lucky anniversary ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)