Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't like it, then you don't have to come!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:40 AM
  • 0 Replies
My SIL doesn't believe in Santa (which is fine, to each their own), however because she doesn't believe in Santa and doesn't want her children to believe in Santa either, she doesn't want me to put "from Santa" on the presents. I'm sorry, all the presents I buy are always labeled "from Santa" when we exchange at our family Christmas. (It's a tradition my dad did and I picked it up from him). Even the kids that don't believe anymore know who the gift is from and either laugh, shrug, or just ignore the tag. They are just happy to receive a present. She says I'm forcing Santa onto her children against her wishes. I told her, she has already told her kids he isn't real, just tell them I'm pretending to be "Santa" since I choose to believe in him and I'm giving out gifts and just leave it at that, but she is very upset and saying I'm being selfish and rude. She is saying she doesn't want to come or receive our presents because of what they will say.

I'm willing to bend on many things but this is pure childness! She is throwing a tantrum over something she can explain. Yes I can change the tags on her presents but I feel it is like giving into a child whom is throwing a temper tantrum.

Anyway, that's my vent for the night. What a way to end a great day, she totally killed my buzz! I was so thrilled because my students performed amazingly at their Christmas program and then she goes and calls. 😒😤
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)