Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one??

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:01 AM
  • 37 Replies

Who has NO desire to see the Fifty Shades crap, I mean movie? I TRIED to read the books, like REALLY tried! I dont think I got even half way through the first. Why does she call her vagina her 'sex'? There are so many other words that don't make her sound 15.... I was going to see it until they lost Charlie Hunnam. If he had done it HELL yeah I would have seen it lmao. But I don't think the guy in it is even attractive. Nothing in the trailer made me say " I have to see this movie!" & to me she looks to old for the roll. I see and hear a lot of women going nuts about seeing it, & freaking out over the books. Am I the only one who doesn't get what the big deal is?

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissiNy
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:04 AM

Nope, I couldn't get even a quarter through the first, and I'm a reader,, I'll even read things I don't find all that good to pass some time...

SmallTown_Momma
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:05 AM

I have read the books....im pretty sure she isn't 15 in them, she is in her early 20's.

And your vagina is your 'sex' ...it is what makes you a female lol.

however , i will agree with you..i read the book, and have no interest in watching the movie...especially now that Charlie Hunnam isn't doing it lol.

sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I will probably watch it on cable at home...when it is free. I didn't make it past the sample when I tried to read the first book but I do love Jamie Dornan. I am saving my theater money for the many awesome nerd movies coming out next year, starting with Age of Ultron. 

o0-Lucidity-0o
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no desire to read the books or watch the movie.
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:14 AM

I figured everyone was talking about it, its got to be half way decent. Nope lol. I would not even pay the $1 lol.

I felt the same way about Magic Mike though also. I don't get how that one got a part 2. Don't get me wrong I LOVE watching Channing dance. But the movie sucked.

Quoting kaycersmom: I never even wanted to try and read the book. I might try the movie when its 1$ at redbox but maybe not idk lol

eyeamnicegirl
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:14 AM

The only reason I know that 50 shades of gray has something to do with sex is popular media keeps talking about it.  I never read the book (never even picked it up at the book store an read the promo inside the cover).  If there is a movie, I've never seen it.  I'm just not interested.  I have a great husband and have a great sex life; and other than teen mags when I was a teen, I've never had an interest in reading about sex.  (Once I actually started having sex, it was much more fun to actually try stuff myself than worry over what some advice column had to say on the matter.)   If I'm missing out on some crazy position, that's fine.  I'm getting everything I want and I'm totally satisfied -- married sex really is the best sex (not that it wasn't fun before I met my hubby). 

Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:15 AM

I am to. I really put effort into trying to read it. Just could not do it.

Quoting MissiNy:

Nope, I couldn't get even a quarter through the first, and I'm a reader,, I'll even read things I don't find all that good to pass some time...

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:16 AM

Me. I don't even care to read the book.

Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Im waiting for Pitch Perfect 2!!! Comes out right after my birthday!!! I don't know what movies are coming out unless it gets posted on my fb or it's a kid movie lol. I do wanna see the new Hobit movie though.

Quoting sheramom4:

I will probably watch it on cable at home...when it is free. I didn't make it past the sample when I tried to read the first book but I do love Jamie Dornan. I am saving my theater money for the many awesome nerd movies coming out next year, starting with Age of Ultron. 

MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:17 AM
Nope. Don't want to see it. It looks boring to me. And the books, yea they sucked! I've never read such crap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)