Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When Do You Put Gifts Under The Tree.....

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:17 AM
  • 26 Replies

if your kids no longer believe in Santa (or never did)? My sister already put hers under the tree yesterday. I am debating on it but I kinda like to see their faces when they come downstairs. My kids are 12, 13 and 16. WHat are your thoughts?

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clligatoraoffee
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:18 AM
We put ours under the night before. But my kids are still young, youngest being 2. And we just got a puppy so I didn't want to go through the extra work of keeping an eye on the gift 24/7. Lol
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:23 AM

Right now what I have wrapped is in the large Rubbermaid next to the tree. We have dogs who will help us unwrap the gifts early so I will put them out before bed on Christmas Eve. 

livric
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:26 AM

once the kids are asleep Christmas eve  :)

fwkitten1981
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:31 AM

Just wanting to make sure its not just me. I prefer to do it once they are asleep too. My sister said they are older so whats the point. We still make cookies for Santa even though my kids dont believe anymore.

Quoting livric:

4everJs
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:33 AM
They are under the tree once they are wrapped.
StreetsAhead
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:33 AM
Still Xmas eve, the tree isn't up till then anyway
livric
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:34 AM

lol,  I married from home at 22.  Mum still put the pressys under the tree late  :)   Just cause you get older does not mean it still cant be magical  :)

Quoting fwkitten1981:

Just wanting to make sure its not just me. I prefer to do it once they are asleep too. My sister said they are older so whats the point. We still make cookies for Santa even though my kids dont believe anymore.

Quoting livric:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:37 AM

Christmas Eve after the kids are in bed.  We still want everything to be a surprise, even if they know it's from us and not from Santa.

SmallTown_Momma
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:39 AM

for the 11 years that i was a single mom, i always put the gifts under the tree on Christmas Eve.

However, my SO prefers that gifts start going under the tree once the tree get's put up ..he likes the look of it lol.

So...i compromised, thankfully between us we have a lot of family..so i put the gifts to our families and to eachother under the tree..but im still waiting until Christmas Eve to put DD's under it lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:43 AM

She just turned 3 and starting to believe in Santa. So i think i'll be waiting unless my husband has another idea. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)