Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An open letter to the mom of the disrespectful child you brought into the salon today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dear mom of disrespectful boy,
I see your frustration and embarrassment as your 8 year old son is blatantly disrespecting you, me and everyone around us.
I do not know all the circumstances but I do know this.... I will never cut your kid's hair again.
Him calling you names, throwing your expensive smartphone and then trying to get into my equipment to throw that? Uh, no.
Sure, it's easier to let him have his own way but it's not preparing him for life.
Of course, I will never say any of this to you but I know you are well aware of it. You, his mom are to blame for the lack of discipline.
rant>
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Awesome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:21 AM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:24 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't understand why people post this shit here instead of just TELLING THE PERSON it's directed to.

MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. I would have said something and asked them to leave.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I don't understand why people post this shit here instead of just TELLING THE PERSON it's directed to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:27 AM
3 moms liked this
Because I would lose my job if I told her what I thought.
It's a vent.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

andi_pandi
by Andrea on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump ! Kudos to you OP...You're much more reserved than I would have been
paulswifey11
by TashaL on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I know plenty of kids like that. We would have left in the middle if need be. I don't play
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:36 AM
1. Get your boss. Tell her there's a violent customer.
2. State calmly, but firmly, that the kid must calm down or you'll have to ask them to leave.
3. Tell them to leave.
4. If they don't leave, you are now fully within your rights to call the cops on them, whether their hair is done or not. Maybe being in the system will be what it takes for that family to get the help thy clearly need. Also, I can guarantee that mom will not even drive up the street your salon is on, let alone bring her hellion in for a trim.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Quoting Anonymous 3:

because the OP is an employee and if the mom complained to her boss about it, even though the OP was right, she could get fired.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
That's really not how it goes. Tell your boss, who is probably not there and would not like it if she did all those things... She did the right thing and next time they stop in, sorry no openings....

Quoting Rhodin: 1. Get your boss. Tell her there's a violent customer.
2. State calmly, but firmly, that the kid must calm down or you'll have to ask them to leave.
3. Tell them to leave.
4. If they don't leave, you are now fully within your rights to call the cops on them, whether their hair is done or not. Maybe being in the system will be what it takes for that family to get the help thy clearly need. Also, I can guarantee that mom will not even drive up the street your salon is on, let alone bring her hellion in for a trim.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)