Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who would be better to bring her to?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I'm going to allow DD to get her tongue pierced instead of her butt on the condition she reads up on it online and makes an appointment with either a doctor or a dentist for the risks. Which ones the best to take her to see?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Dentist. S/he can cover all bases regarding infections, nerve damage, and tooth damage.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Dentist.
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:43 AM

She wanted to get her butt pierced?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:43 AM

People still get those? i mean, I know they do but those are pretty 1990's....Oh well, at least when she takes it out you hopefuly won't be able to tell.

tapies2324
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Dentist. Show her some pictures of cracked teeth from the darned thing. Happened to me.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM

lol! You cant. I took mine out.. Holes all gone. Heals fast too, and I had it for years.

Op, you dont need to take her anywhere. If youre going to scare her out of it, just google dental problems caused by tongue rings. More than likely, her mind is set. And a good piercer will teach proper cleaning and care.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

People still get those? i mean, I know they do but those are pretty 1990's....Oh well, at least when she takes it out you hopefuly won't be able to tell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:18 PM
In my opinion if you're going to do something like that you need to be informed. I'm not scaring her away from it.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

lol! You cant. I took mine out.. Holes all gone. Heals fast too, and I had it for years.

Op, you dont need to take her anywhere. If youre going to scare her out of it, just google dental problems caused by tongue rings. More than likely, her mind is set. And a good piercer will teach proper cleaning and care.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Well, in that case..
There really isn't much to be informed on. Obviously, in the beginning, be careful of infection. Keep your mouth clean. Brush more than usual.. I mean.. There's not much to go over.
Mine was wearing down a small spot behind my front two teeth. I had to get it filled.. And opted to remove my tongue ring for good.
So tell her to be very aware of what is going on in her mouth.
And, fyi, the actual piercing of the tongue hurts like a mofo!

Quoting Anonymous 1: In my opinion if you're going to do something like that you need to be informed. I'm not scaring her away from it.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Dentist.

Lol, she wanted her butt pierced? Didn't know that was a thing...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)