Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are having Christmas a few days early this year.

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

Not too bad, really. We are having Christmas on Tuesday morning, instead of Thursday, but I wish that we could just have Christmas on Christmas day.

My husband has to work on both Christmas Eve(overnight) and Christmas Day(also overnight), and my stepdaughter is going to be at her Mom's from Tuesday night until Thursday night. We want the kids to have Christmas together, here, so we are having it early. If we waited until after, we wouldn't be able to have it until the following Monday(due to dh's work schedule, and his obvious need for sleep.)

The only part that we were not able to work around is that my stepdaughter will not have the opportunity to wear her Christmas dress to church on Christmas Eve, and she was really looking forward to that. Instead, both of the girls are just going to dress up for the New Years Service(She will be with us for New Years.)

It makes me kind of sad. This is my youngest daughter's 3rd Christmas, and she has yet to be able to spend it with her sister, because the custody papers state that Mom gets her EVERY Christmas morning. She either has her from the 22nd to the evening on the 25th, or the 24th to the 26th. I don't know what my husband was thinking when he agreed to that.

Don't get me wrong. I know how important it is for my stepdaughter to have that time with her mother. They get very little time together as it is, but I still wish that the girls could spend it together at least every other year.....

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:53 AM

We always celebrate christmas with my FIL a few days early because my niece spends christmas with her moms family and we spend christmas day with mine

It is more important THAT we have christmas then WHEN

myshoes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Teaching the girls that Christmas is a feeling instead of a DATE, is a great lesson.
.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:08 AM

We're doing Christmas a day early just because.

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:10 AM

That's true.....

Quoting myshoes: Teaching the girls that Christmas is a feeling instead of a DATE, is a great lesson.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Our family is doing Christmas a day early because we are spending Christmas day with my brother at his house and it's a drive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:15 AM
People get hung up on dates and I don't understand...time is pretty arbitrary.

December 23rd is no different than the 25th, IMO. Pick a day and enjoy your Christmas!
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM

As for the dates, it is more about her not being able to attend the Christmas Eve service at Church with us, but like I said, she will be able to wear her dress to the New Years service, so we worked it out. 

She is really excited about the dress. Her favorite color is gold, and I found her a gold lace dress. She looks beautiful in it. :)

Quoting Anonymous 2: People get hung up on dates and I don't understand...time is pretty arbitrary. December 23rd is no different than the 25th, IMO. Pick a day and enjoy your Christmas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)