Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so sorry for only children on Christmas day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 693 Replies

Poor things opening their gifts all alone. Don't you feel selfish for not giving your kids siblings for your kid on Christmas? How quiet I imagine that morning is for all of you.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:20 AM
4 moms liked this
Lol. This is her last Christmas as a only child. I'm sure she will be fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:21 AM
30 moms liked this
Lol. My daughter has my wife and I and we open our presents with just as much excitement and enthusiasm as families with more children. But thanks for the concern.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:21 AM

At least you're not selfish.

Quoting wkukid: Lol. This is her last Christmas as a only child. I'm sure she will be fine.

kmeow
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter isn't opening presents alone. Her dad and I will also be tearing through our gifts like crazy people. Next year, she'll be opening gifts with approximately two dozen cousins.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM
31 moms liked this

This is my daughter's first Christmas as a sibling... She's enjoyed Christmas as an Only up until this point without expressing feelings of loneliness or depravity. 

I am an Only myself, and I really have no idea wtf you're talking about. lol

bklynmama716
by John 3:16 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM
26 moms liked this
Nope not quiet at all. No need to feel sorry for my son. He gets enough gifts for 3 kids and is quite happy on Christmas morning! Merry Christmas troll ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

That's not possible. Adults can mimic, but will never have the authentic excitement of a child.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lol. My daughter has my wife and I and we open our presents with just as much excitement and enthusiasm as families with more children. But thanks for the concern.

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM
16 moms liked this

Yeah...as it completely unavoidable...*rolls eyes* 

My 12 year old niece is an only child...they tried for many years to have another child. They tried to foster as well as adopt and never had a placement. After about 7 years, they gave up and decided to be happy with only having one child. She is a very happy kiddo and loves Christmas. Last year, she got a trip to England from her parents...she's so deprived. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mommieof38829
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Well my sons little brother or sister will be here in June. So this is his last Christmas alone.
Docgirl2000
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:23 AM
34 moms liked this
My d's is anything but quiet. I have only 1 because I can't afford more. I'm not going to have more children just because some random person thinks my child must be lonely being an only child. He is anything but lonely. He has lots of friends and plenty of cousins to play with.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)