Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Awe sh!+ we failed

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:44 AM
  • 6 Replies
So my one year old wiped her snot all over SO's white undershirt last night. He keeps his undershirts and socks and undies in a small dresser we have in the bathroom. He asked my older dd (7) to go get him a new white shirt and told her it's in the bottom drawer. Well we have all the gifts in our bedroom and we have been working on wrapping them. Our bedroom door squeaks when it's opened and I heard the squeaking noise. I yelled back the hall and told her not in out room! She said he didn't go in our room but I'm pretty sure she did because she was taking forever. Santa is busted! Fail.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tapies2324
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Well damn..that sucks. Time for the santa talk. Yeah..that sucks too.
Snowbunnies45
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:47 AM
So next time get up and do it yourself?
Basherte
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:51 AM

When my parents had presents around the house, they never asked us to go get them anything. They did it themselves. Knowing full well we would snoop around. It's natural for a child to want to see early. It's fun to try and get a peek. Though the one time I actually did see, it made christmas a lot less fun for me. AND I got exactly what I asked for as well. 

I NEVER snuck around looking for gifts after that year.

My parents knew that I got a peek and still gave me the gifts. I guess they knew that once I actually saw what I was getting the awesome at getitng it on christmas morning would be ruined and I'd never look again.  (or so they told me years after this)

myshoes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM
We have four kids and hiding gifts is a logistical nightmare. So only one gift is from Santa. The rest are from us. We only have to hide four gifts really good. And we make those gifts something WE would NEVER buy. (A rated M video game, an item of clothing we disapprove of, something super messy, etc).
HeatherMarieT88
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM
I was making dinner and neither one of us was thinking clearly obviously lol. He should've got up and got it himself but wasn't thinking. He was trying to keep the baby from going to the kitchen while I was trying to cook dinner.

Quoting Snowbunnies45: So next time get up and do it yourself?
Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:13 AM
That's how I would be. We kept them in a really high closet she couldn't get to last year. She opened it multiple times because I forgot, but she was still super short and never saw..
We didn't even hide them in the house this year. I am too absentminded, and she had a growth spurt. Lol

Quoting HeatherMarieT88: I was making dinner and neither one of us was thinking clearly obviously lol. He should've got up and got it himself but wasn't thinking. He was trying to keep the baby from going to the kitchen while I was trying to cook dinner.

Quoting Snowbunnies45: So next time get up and do it yourself?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)