Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I might be pregnant and I'm in total denial

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
My cycle has always been weird, sometimes it's normal, sometimes it's not but it doesn't usually take this long and I've never missed a month. The last period I had was at the end of October, beginning of November.

So now it's the middle of December and still no period. Even for my weird long cycles this isn't normal.

I need to take a pregnancy test and just get it over with but I'm in denial! I keep saying I can't be pregnant. I have an IUD and we use other methods like condoms and pull out.

I've been stressed lately and I keep having symptoms that my period is coming but nothing yet. Of course they could also be pregnancy symptoms.

I just need to go by a test.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Do u have copper iud *or* mirena? When i had mirena i went months without periods and thenhave just spotting. I always felt preg too but never was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Are you stressed. That is a known cause of delaying periods.
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM

BTDT. I only ended up getting tested at the doctor's office because I got bladder infection, and had to be on antibiotics, and knew I couldn't put it off without hurting the (possible) baby.  Yeah, I was pregnant :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Yes, I have the copper one. I've had it for 6 years and no issues so far.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Do u have copper iud mirena? When i had mirena i went months without periods and thenhave just spotting. I always felt preg too but never was.
Snowbunnies45
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Mirena is not the copper. Paragard is the copper. Paragard does not change your bleeding

Quoting Anonymous 2: Do u have copper iud mirena? When i had mirena i went months without periods and thenhave just spotting. I always felt preg too but never was.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Only on CM does someone use 5 types of BC and still end up preggo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been but it hasn't been more than usual I think. Maybe its way more than I think and that's all it is.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Are you stressed. That is a known cause of delaying periods.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I know that.... I meant to put *or* in there

Quoting Snowbunnies45: Mirena is not the copper. Paragard is the copper. Paragard does not change your bleeding

2ninos4me
by Mrs.Erika2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Lmaoooo

Quoting MichLW69: Only on CM does someone use 5 types of BC and still end up preggo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)